Show DevBest First Project at my new Job

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This place needs more threads going on, and I thought you guys may like to see the first project I've worked alone on at work since I started my new job in July.

I work for an oil company who own other oil companies, and they wanted a website setting up for it. There already was one, but it sucked, badly.

It's built on WordPress (PepeHands) but it's the first WordPress project I've worked on as well.

The design wasn't done by me, it's done by a design agency based not far away from me, but the coding and development was myself.

Here you go:

What's your thoughts?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It looks really good.

"The benefits of using" slider actually doesn't respond when I slide it with my finger on my phone. I have to click the circles to go forward in the slides.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Looks nice, although when I scroll down and the grey box moves it's laggy af
Hmm, that's odd. Maybe reducing the transition speed might help, but it's worked fine on every desktop I've had it on since developing it.

It looks really good.

"The benefits of using" slider actually doesn't respond when I slide it with my finger on my phone. I have to click the circles to go forward in the slides.
Cheers. But yeah, I never developed it to be a slider, but if that seems to be a common issue, I may rethink it.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Hmm, that's odd. Maybe reducing the transition speed might help, but it's worked fine on every desktop I've had it on since developing it.

Cheers. But yeah, I never developed it to be a slider, but if that seems to be a common issue, I may rethink it.
People on a mobile phone will expect it to slide when they wipe over it, or they might not notice it has hidden content.

CosmoPeak

PeakRP.com
May 15, 2016
Might just be me, it's not as clear in the video, but it's a bit jumpy:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
People on a mobile phone will expect it to slide when they wipe over it, or they might not notice it has hidden content.
I'll either make the bubbles bigger, or make it swipable content.

Might just be me, it's not as clear in the video, but it's a bit jumpy:
Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you meant as it follows you down the page. Yeah there's a lot of transformation going on there, I'll reduce the speed and see if it has any effect. Won't be able to do it until Monday though.
Post automatically merged:

Do you have a picture of the old website?
EvRWZno.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread