FindRetros opinion & ideas

Youngster

Sensitivity killed my dog...
Aug 10, 2015
This is my opinion on things that could help pick up the dying community of English hotels.

I was just sitting here thinking... Yes I know I shouldn't do that too much but hear me out...

We use FindRetros to get users on our Habbo retros, for more exposure to potential people joining. I've noticed over the years FindRetros just offers the same users to every hotel a handful of them are toxic users which destroy most hotels cause most English developers to leave the community and cause more damage overall to English hotels to any potential developers who were either learning or did and wanted to help the community become a better scene.

Long story short I find it crazy how FindRetros owners don't do anything to branch out and put FindRetros on websites to bring in new people who've never heard of retros whether that is targeting official Habbo, fansites, social media accounts to let people know there is a top ranking site for websites just like Habbo but Retros it would open the door for a new wave of users coming into Habbo in general or retros. I think there should be a bigger team behind FindRetros to give it more exposure because the point of retros using it is for Findretros with the popularity it built from retro owners using it should bring us, users, we don't have if people like what they have to offer.

I've seen a lot of foreign hotels focusing on social media and paying for advertisements to get their hotels popular with new people to Habbo Retros joining. Most of these hotels use Tiktok or adverts on popular websites, they also use massive discord servers from Habbo fan sites or just gaming ones in general. I know English hotel owners don't take action into their own hands by setting up an advertisement team. However, I feel if FindRetros did take more steps it would let new owners know there are more ways to advertise as well which will be better for Findretros if they had more popular hotels in the English community getting more users because they'd see their site upon voting it's a whole monopoly.

For the toxic users maybe have a system coded where hotel owners can send proof with the users IP or email that can confirm it's the same person and if you see a pattern of hotels reporting the same users to FindRetros have a system in play that can ban the person from accessing FindRetros portentously making it harder for toxic players to get into new retros opening trying to build a friendly community.

It would be a lot easier if FindRetros had applications so people could apply and even developers could come together or work alone on updates for it, at the moment I understand it's just there and sitting with nothing new coming to it. It'd just be nice to see it how it used to be when it was thehabbos.org and the team showed an interest in it.

I think a language system would be nice like having a section for foreign hotels and the link would be findretros.com/en/ or findretros.com/fr/ etc... with only those language hotels showing on those URL links keeping everything separate from one another and offering more traffic to FindRetros and another community of Habbo players.

@RastaLulz Could we get the Christmas theme bro, love it's much appreciated you might've forgotten but it just brings fire vibes.

Remember these or just my opinion and ideas would love to hear others list their opinion and ideas.

Last edited:

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Findretros needs to be modernized like retroliste.com is and get rid of the old voting system, and provide live rankings and updated statistics for hotels. I'm surprised retroliste hasn't taken off yet tbh..

Everything else here is really on individual hotel owners to do, I've branched out and done some TikTok videos for an old hotel, (check out hobo.rocks Tiktok) it did attract some new users but nothing that really stuck around. Most people just wanted to comment on how they haven't played this game in years, they never made the extra step to the hotel.... also I feel like Habbo was its biggest across Europe, so its no surprise non-English hotels are still doing well these days.

Trying to bring someone into the game who has perhaps never heard of, or played Habbo before is almost impossible... lets be honest here, games like Habbo Hotel aren't what todays gamers want to play. Retros bank on the nostalgia of the game in hopes that the occasional player who last logged into a hotel in 2012 will stumble upon their hotel one day when they get a little bit curious as to what happened to their favorite childhood game.

It's a dying community and nothing's going to change that imo.

Salvy

Apr 1, 2020
I didn't even know retroliste existed. I have to agree with the fact that findretros needs a makeover a few updates wouldn't hurt. In fact, I still use the domain: to access findretros. That's how old and known it is. Whenever I leave the scene and return I always go there first to see what's new. From that perspective, it would be beneficial to improve it regardless of whether or not it would help the English community, it helps connect users. It definitely needs more exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread