Findretros 3.0 Voting API Has Broken Since Update!

Rebel

Spilling the tea, can't you read?🍵
Dec 24, 2015
Ever since y'all had this update my voting API has been fked.... could someone explain? my voting is coded so when a user logins and goes to any of the pages /me / community etc... they have to vote to see them if they don't they can't access client either. I've coded mine in my global.php (RevCMS) worked fine before update never had a problem. Now it just goes to and tells my users they have to wait 24 hours to vote again, and keeps bring them to the voting page. I went from 1st on 2nd page to 4th because I've had to disable voting.

1e1f3c9e476ad2353e3995bc1a7ded2e.gif

XnP8ORwpQIuf8f6PoRcovQ.png

jPcfcQ7TSMGBm-tCMNbk_w.png

_stzxpEqRO64hggYy7DQXQ.png

@bigdawg @Jeffrey @Sledmore @Wouto
P.S
I have everything set right I don't understand why this is happening.

Last edited:

Rebel

Dec 24, 2015
I've made your post in a thread so everyone can easily find the fix for this once @bigdawg is able to help you.
Thank you would you be able to remove the other one I posted in this section?

Joshie

WebHost Founder
May 29, 2015
Hi, you can use a forcevote APi which grabs the user's ip and redirects them depending on if they voted or not, if you need support with this, pm me

Small

pinkmangroup
Aug 7, 2017
Can you hide websites without a banner until they upload one to reduce clutter? Right now the website is a clusterfuck of blank sites and it looks ugly

Rebel

Dec 24, 2015
Can you hide websites without a banner until they upload one to reduce clutter? Right now the website is a clusterfuck of blank sites and it looks ugly
Agreed to many pages and makes it harder for retros that are active to be seen. Because nine times outta ten the ones without a banner already are just spam pages, or ones that aren't active anymore. So it would make more sense to make them hidden until a banner is uploaded to save the pages from lag from loading unnecessary blank banners.

Rebel

Dec 24, 2015
I remember this fix, change your /vote url to

Hope I Helped!

Did this fix your problem @Rebel ??
No sadly it didn't but I think I managed to fix it myself, but thank you anyways man appreciate it. Had to redo my /findretros/voted.php file.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
No sadly it didn't but I think I managed to fix it myself, but thank you anyways man appreciate it. Had to redo my /findretros/voted.php file.
If I am correct, i believe the official API works perfectly. You can ignore postback URL until any further announcements by @bigdawg

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Thank you brah, fixed it already tho :p
Mind replying with what the issue was, and how you fixed it? That way if anyone else has the issue, they'll know what to do. I'm also interested, incase there's something I can do.

Rebel

Dec 24, 2015
Changes I made to voted.php that fixed my issue.
Btw my API is different I believe it grabs from global.php so when they login they have to vote. But it still does check /findretros/ folder. Which the one Sledmore I think released only has findretro_config.php and findretros.php, and the
HTML:
    <?php

require_once 'findretros_config.php';
    require_once 'findretros.php';

$FindRetros = new FindRetros();

if($FindRetros->hasClientVoted()) {

echo 'You have voted!';

}else{

// echo 'You have yet to vote!';

$FindRetros->redirectClientToVote();

}
Mine is little different from voting API released I believe probably why I had that problem.
tKNQaSg2Q7mS8Fjy9WcrZg.png

Unedited voted.php file.
-UnlR-_KQW6XS9fIT8-WjQ.png

Edited voted.php with changes made that fixed my issue.
p8EkO9vkT-ydnkpv7gNi1w.png

Users who are viewing this thread