Find Retros account banned for no valid reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
I have been suspended on findretros for having voting on my index page but I have not even got it there, any help on what I can do to be unsuspended its been 2 days with no reply?, if there is a problem please let me know but I do not see one personally thanks.

Kind regards, Luke (crimphotel)

@Wouto @Blasteh @bigdawg @Wess

appeal number: 368

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
Your hotel URL that goes from your FindRetros banner goes to /client. Make it so guest sessions can't access this page / remove voting from that page. Alternatievly it would be best if you just change the URL to /index/novote or something like that, but whatever suits you.

The ban isn't false at all, and that's why you haven't been unsuspended.

I'll unsuspend you for 12 hours to make the changes on your account, and I'll be checking back after that and if you still haven't fixed it the punishment will be reinstated.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
Okay i just removed it completely, your rules don't make sense though buddy, should say in the rules no forcevoting on the client

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
They do make sense, it's not our problem your banner URL went to your client page instead of the login page. All you had to do was change your banner URL to your login page and remove the voting api from that page.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
Yeah that's sorted sorry to cause you some problems man, but i couldn't change that while suspended so what was i meant too do?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The suspension is to make you aware of the broken rule. FindRetros has a system in which you can appeal your ban. As Wouto did, once you appealed you were unsuspended for 12 hours in order to correct the issue. If you don't manage to fix the issue the suspension will be reinstated.

So next time, use the FindRetros appeal system to appeal your suspension.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
Oh thanks man, im getting hacked by impero for no reason atall? anything i can do to stop this please help

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Oh thanks man, im getting hacked by impero for no reason atall? anything i can do to stop this please help
You can reset your password on FindRetros. If they've hacked your email, send a PM to @bigdawg to confirm you are the rightful owner of the page so he can take care of it.

If your hotel is being hacked, that's not something we can help you with.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
Well why are they allowed to hack other hotels?, it's not enjoyable, Just because someone want's to gain more vote's so they hack other peoples retros, it shouldn't be on mate.

591a2fd48b372e8801eba7b9cb83c171.png

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Well why are they allowed to hack other hotels?, it's not enjoyable, Just because someone want's to gain more vote's so they hack other peoples retros, it shouldn't be on mate.

591a2fd48b372e8801eba7b9cb83c171.png
We can't check what happens outside of FindRetros so we can't do anything about it. You could seek help in the support section to fix your exploit.

Might I remember everyone that hacking is illegal, even for payback. So please don't suggest such actions either.

LukeFosterZ

Dec 22, 2016
I wouldn't even bother taking action, i just put my site into maintenance mode and got some help from @Zaka Awesome dude!, but i posted the proof for you too take action?, USER ID:119 Was Gab from Impero, But he had hacked into my friends account's pretending too be them!, this is how weird that guy is..

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
I wouldn't even bother taking action, i just put my site into maintenance mode and got some help from @Zaka Awesome dude!, but i posted the proof for you too take action?, USER ID:119 Was Gab from Impero, But he had hacked into my friends account's pretending too be them!, this is how weird that guy is..
Well I guess you could just fix it now according to the rules. Forcevoting is kinda annoying.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
The rules we enforce can be found here:

Even if you provide proof of someone hacking your hotel, there's nothing we can do with such things. It are situations that are outside of our control, and the provided proof could be doctored. There is no way we can actually confirm he did do such things. And even if he did, once we go down that road, more reports like that will come in and we risk giving out unfair suspensions because people doctored proof in order to get rid of competition.

In the end you are responsible for your account, hotel, servers, etc. We won't ban someone from FindRetros because he hacked your Facebook either for examle, for the same reason, it is outside of our control.

I hope I've cleared this up enough for you.

Also, please post your reports in here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread