[Feedback] What do you think of these images I have made?

Central

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Feb 22, 2015
kqym7Ky.jpg

kNXSPL3.jpg

Can you give me your feedback on these images? (I apologise of the link below the text, I am part of a gaming community clan)

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I think you should focus more on that fugly website...
The images are uhm... looks like you just threw some text in, gave it color and shaded it.

Central

Feb 22, 2015
I think you should focus more on that fugly website...
The images are uhm... looks like you just threw some text in, gave it color and shaded it.
It's not a link, it's a forum, PHPBB forum. At the moment I'm still learning and getting more skills on this, at the moment this is why I've gotten up to.

Anglo

Jun 19, 2017
It's not a link, it's a forum, PHPBB forum. At the moment I'm still learning and getting more skills on this, at the moment this is why I've gotten up to.
He was referring to the actual website, as it is hideous, however what's "It's not a link, it's a forum, PHPBB forum." referring to? If it's the URL on the image then it doesn't look that appealing.
Looks like you've blurred some image and threw text over the top, since it's something for gaming you could go down the route of adding something that represents your favourite games, possibly logos or characters and align them in an appealing way? - Keep the blurred background but have it something more personal and something of your own, as for the text maybe try different fonts and outlines.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Needs more definition, perhaps outlining on the text, or shadowing.
Then you'll probably want to add particles to the background or just ditch the whole faded image background as a whole :up:

Central

Feb 22, 2015
As I said, I am still learning so please patience, but I do admire on what your thoughts are as for why I posted. I just mainly do these images for 1 purpose, I do avatars for people on that clan (which that link points to), which you say is "hideous" but I kinda like it, and has it's own coded features in. Of course I'm only a member of the community, well, an Elite and which I don't have any really powers inside the community just being an admin on their servers but all this doesn't matter does it.

Currently, I only started learning Photoshop yesterday, and I have gained quite a few bits on how to use Photoshop in a day, but I am not a Photoshop pro... yet.

The reason why I fade the background is to give the text a litte more.. well standing out and what makes it look better in my eyes, as it focuses more on the text but you still can make out on what the background image is.

He was referring to the actual website, as it is hideous, however what's "It's not a link, it's a forum, PHPBB forum." referring to? If it's the URL on the image then it doesn't look that appealing.
Looks like you've blurred some image and threw text over the top, since it's something for gaming you could go down the route of adding something that represents your favourite games, possibly logos or characters and align them in an appealing way? - Keep the blurred background but have it something more personal and something of your own, as for the text maybe try different fonts and outlines.

At the moment, it's only in my username considering it's examples, as I said above I do avatars for people but obviously not so advanced to do further develops in 3D mode and stuff like that. I have messed around with 3D but not too familiar with it to become an expert on doing 3D text/images. I attempted to make a text to animate as fire but I didn't do much good on it as the Tutorial had an old version and I couldn't find the large eraser tool that made it blend itself in with the fire.

Here's some more examples of what I have edited/done:

Again, I apologise for the links, I just really use them for the clan I'm in and one of which I use inside the server as my Spray Tag which when people who aren't in the clan to apply at wish.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Keep practicing bud cus honestly you'll get there with learning more tools, ignore some of these fools on db.

Central

Feb 22, 2015
tC8lPAH.jpg

Merged an image inside the text and faded the space background.

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
Rule 1 of Graphic Design: DON'T USE BEVEL/EMBOSS UNLESS 100% NECESSARY! Font is too soft for the colours used.

Central

Feb 22, 2015
there is no rules of graphic design. The only rule that is valid is to be creative and not use peoples work.. lol
Lmao +1 this... If there were rules of Graphics Design, I'm pretty sure half of the dudes on here breaks that rule. You create what you want, you like it, you do it no matter what. It's your general opinion on what you create and using Bevel and Emboss on a picture is entirely up to the creator

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
They look good, but i don't know what they could be used for. also the smaller text looks weird.

Viper

Dec 10, 2011
Do not blur out the centre/center background, it'll make then the logo stand out a bit possibly and then add a bit of a stroke to the logo.

M8than

yes
Mar 16, 2012
Looks alright, could be better but other people have covered that stuff.
Keep trying new things until you find some technique you like.

Would you mind asking the admins of elevated gaming network why on earth they used comic sans?

Users who are viewing this thread