Favorite PHP Framework

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Well, since there's not a debate for this and a lot of people have their own preference, what do you find to be the best framework for PHP?

Several notable frameworks include Symfony, CakePHP, Laravel, CodeIgniter, and Yii, etc.

I personally, adore Laravel. I find the coding structure to be beautiful, when you follow it anyways, and the fact it utilizes Symphony as well as several other frameworks with the ability to remove un needed modules makes it great on performance, and speed as well as allow you to learn other frameworks if needed to switch. It also has a great routing handler (Symphony), and ORM.

Last edited:

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Unless you're making a rather large application, I don't see the need to use any framework. If you know enough PHP, then you should be able to make a proper base without relying on a framework.

If making a large application though, then I can see why you would use one. At work we are using Nette to create a new ticketing system. Seems everyone uses Kayako, which is good for a ticketing system by itself. However, we need much more integration (customer area, jira tasks, chat system, xmpp), so we decided to use a framework since the majority of it allows for easy customization.

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
Personally Laravel is my goto framework, but like eckostylez said, a framework isn't always needed if you just need a base and know enough php to make one..

7r1n17y

Jun 11, 2017
Honestly i would have to go with Slim Framework all the way their router is by far the fastest i have seen and how easy it is to use makes it great. With composer makes it even better because with one command line it is already installed. Slim Framework is always updated and the documentation with it is easy to understand unlike larval and code igniter.

Slim Framework -
Composer -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread