Europe Trip 2018 Aug 17-27 (Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris)

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
QcAA0e1Wfuz3.jpg

Just to throw an update on this thread, we've decided on the destinations and length of duration per country. We've all paid for our initial flight to Barcelona and flight home from Paris, it still isn't too late to join in, we're yet to book hostels, but that should be decided shortly.

We've already planned the trips to each country and method of transport (not booked them yet though), and we're currently just looking at the hostels & things to do.

Destinations
  • Barcelona (3 days)
  • Berlin (2 days)
  • Amsterdam (2 days)
  • Brussels (1 day)
  • Paris (2 days)
Confirmed Travellers

Haven't taken an actual vacation in awhile, and I was wondering if anyone was interested in traveling somewhere? In the past I've traveled Europe with @Donkey, and spent the week with @Kaz in Orlando, both of which were positive experiences.

Ideally I'd like to go in June or July (or August) this year, for a week (can take more days off if need be). Would be cool to meet some of you IRL, some of which I've known for nearly a decade now. I'd be willing to go just about anywhere as long as it sounds interesting.

If you're interested, let me know, and from there we can decide how many days. dates, locations.

cc: @Canadian @Holmes @Legion @Macemore @Sledmore

Serious replies only, obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I would be interested. I'd have to see the list of possible locations first as that can drastically change the price. July/August sounds better for me as it gives me more time to save up. I can take about 14 days off however I don't think I could afford to travel for that long, lol

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I'd also be up for it, as long as I know in advance so I can arrange it both with work as financial.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Yeah I think it would be could if its acceptable for me to join.
Aswell as Wess, I gotta figure it out financial

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Weird, didn't get a notification for the tag. Sure I'd be down.

- EDIT -

This year has already gone pretty fast, better start planning - I'd like to hand in a holiday notice asap as I have to give 3 week notice ;=P

I'm easy on the amount of days, a week or more is totally fine. I'm also easy on the destination, guess we just need a channel up to discuss.

Last edited:

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I suppose we should decide what we want to do, as this help narrows down the destination. It'll be interesting to see what's decided as half of us are in NA and the other in Europe.

So are we looking for a resort experience or instead looking to walk around a city taking in the sights?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I've gone ahead and created a private #meetup channel in the DevBest Discord (and invited those with serious replies) to speed along the process.

When there's more details, I'll update this thread.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Just to throw an update on this thread, we've decided on the destinations and length of duration per country. We've all paid for our initial flight to Barcelona and flight home from Paris, it still isn't too late to join in, we're yet to book hostels, but that should be decided shortly.

We've already planned the trips to each country and method of transport (not booked them yet though), and we're currently just looking at the hostels & things to do.

Destinations
  • Barcelona (3 days)
  • Berlin (2 days)
  • Amsterdam (2 days)
  • Brussels (1 day)
  • Paris (2 days)
Confirmed Travellers

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
If anyone wishes to join on a part of the trip, just contact either of the confirmed travelers and we can plan a meet up.

Users who are viewing this thread