PC [EU/US Servers] Outbreak MC - [Zombies, Guns, Loot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Outbreak

Outbreak is a server-side Bukkit mod for players which simulates a zombie apocalypse. You are to explore the post-apocalyptic world which was once inhabited by survivors, now left to rot in the wasteland. It is a zombie survival server featuring advanced zombie AI, looting, guns, weapons, dynamic events, helicopter crash sites and more. Inspired by DayZ.

You don't need any Minecraft mods to play Outbreak, only a premium Minecraft account, it is also highly recommend to use the server textures upon connecting, to get the full experience Outbreak has to offer.

Development started a year ago and it is finally open to the public for testing.

Server(s) Information

IP: us.outbreakmc.net
Version: 1.8

IP: eu.outbreakmc.net
Version: 1.8

Both servers have the same inventory so you can switch between both if one of the servers goes offline. All online players are shown at, along with the server information here:

Features

- Completely random spawning upon surviving
- Static loot locations across the map
- GPS feature to track the locations
- Random dynamic events
- Helicopter crash sites
- Ruins
- Achievement system
- Player profile online (with achievement status)
- Guns
- Fair loot distribution across the map (civilian and military weapons)
- 8 guns added so far
- Chest respawn
- Inventory/player data carries over to other Outbreak servers
- Bleeding
- Infection
- Blood trails
- Soldier zombies spawn at military places
- Tents (store items)
- Tents despawn after inactivity of 2 weeks
- Permadeath, once you die you lose all items you had on your body, the tents aren't wiped
- Healing other players (bandaging, scissors, antibiotics, blood bag)
- Zombies drop loot
- Donator packages
- Grenades
- Tear gas

Trailer

A quick trailer I created for Outbreak.

Static Loot Locations

All locations and their information can be found here.

Map is still a WIP

Civilian

UvEwjee.png

FEolXdY.png

Military Outposts

0C8JU8k.png

NAHk3TA.png

BdjXcRB.png

Tents

Tents can be found within tool chests, it is a chest block which you placed out in the land and it will pitch a tent. You can't place a tent within a static loot location, on lakes or clip it through another tent.

After 2 weeks of inactivity (not opening chest) it will be reset next server restart, which are every 3 hours.

kKyJxkU.png

Dynamic Events

The locations of where the events spawn is different every restart (which is every 3 hours). All these locations are within the 10km^2 radius of the border of Outbreak (5000 to -5000 for both X and Z coordinates) and are completely random.

Helicopter Crash Sites

Helicopter crash sites are notorious for having high value loot. A crashed helicopter can be seen with the base of it sometimes buried in the ground, soldier zombies are found around the area. The model is the UH60 Black Hawk. There are 3 helicopter crash sites every server restart all at random locations between the coordinates listed above.

The helicopter crash site brings the Barret M82 and grenades into Outbreak

SeslrK4.png

Small Ruins

Small ruins are another dynamic event which will appear within Outbreak. There are 3 small ruins every server restart all at random locations between the coordinates listed above.

The small ruin brings the M4A1 American assault rifle and tear gas. into Outbreak.

Z5im5pP.png

Large

Large ruins are another dynamic event which will appear within Outbreak. There are 3 large ruins every server restart all at random locations between the coordinates listed above.

cKJjogA.png

Medical System

- You can patch your bleeding by applying a bandage
- An arrow has a 100% chance to inflict bleeding on another player
- A gun has a 70% chance to inflict bleeding on a player
- You can only get an infection while being attacked by a zombie and bleeding at the same time

To start the healing process of another player you hit them with a bandage, (optional: use antibiotics or bloodbag or both at the same time) and then cut the bandage with shears.

Player Statistics and Achievements

Once you have connected you can view your profile at and it will show if you have completed an achievement or not.

You get rewards for achievements!

Upon completing Silent But Deadly...
When respawn you will spawn with a bow and arrow kit

Upon completing Soldier Slaughter...
When respawn you will spawn with a Beretta M9 magazine

More achievements are added constantly!

Donator Packages

All packages are automatically processed using Buycraft at

What am I going to do with the money earned?

For starters I'd keep the original servers I'm using at the moment to continue to run and I'd also like enough funds to open up an Australian/NZ server for fellow Australian players as I only have a Europe and a France server so far.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Both servers are back up, pushed some updates which should hopefully stop the US server from crashing. The EU server won't crash as it has more memory allocated to it.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Why do you have two servers? There aren't that many people playing to need them

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Going to require a bunch of people to connect to us.outbreakmc.net for stress testing, thanks! :)

EDIT:

Okay, the problem seems to be that the chunks are loading which lags everybody out, so I need to preload the map.

Why do you have two servers? There aren't that many people playing to need them

Doesn't matter, it's for testing the hive system I created and both servers are very cheap.

Last edited:

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
He closed the development and servers for the foreseeable future:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I've decided I'm going to pre-create a map sort of like how Chernarus is for DayZ, that way the server won't lag like balls when a new player is trying to generate a brand new chunk (because my current world isn't pre-generated).

How would you guys feel about that?

I'll still keep all the features such as tents, crash sites, dynamic events, but they'll have pre-set coordinates around the map.

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
I've decided I'm going to pre-create a map sort of like how Chernarus is for DayZ, that way the server won't lag like balls when a new player is trying to generate a brand new chunk (because my current world isn't pre-generated).

How would you guys feel about that?

I'll still keep all the features such as tents, crash sites, dynamic events, but they'll have pre-set coordinates around the map.
Do this but be quick about it
Love you
kiskis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread