Does everything happen for a reason?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So the title doesn't fully explain what I meant. I've been watching a series that made me think about a subject I've debated over with myself numerous times.

Going through life, sometimes it feels like we're jus following some laid out route in life. As if some (if not all) things are meant to be or bound to happen sooner or later. I've had multiple situations where it felt like it was planned, way too coincidental.

So do we really have a free will, or are some things just meant to be? Are we just going through time doing what we are supposed to do in this life? Some kind of destiny?

It's a bit of a deeper debate, but iets go!

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Hm, honestly I don't know. I find myself always debating between two decisions that would both change my life in different ways. An example being if I should go to school now or move to Toronto. Perhaps even though I'm debating this you're saying that it's possible the decision has already been made for me and I'll end up choosing it?
I'd like to think that's not the case!

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Hm, honestly I don't know. I find myself always debating between two decisions that would both change my life in different ways. An example being if I should go to school now or move to Toronto. Perhaps even though I'm debating this you're saying that it's possible the decision has already been made for me and I'll end up choosing it?
I'd like to think that's not the case!
That's exactly what I mean, yes.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
I recently did a lengthy assignment on a similar topic for my Psychology studies. The short is, this quote is more often than not used when things are going bad in life or when there is difficult decisions to me made. A cognitive coping strategy to explain, why did that happen to me? Events in life are either chosen or as a result of nature. Coincidence is real, even when it feels too much so!

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I don't feel as if our lives are laid out for us, however, the decisions we make now will dictate what happens later on no matter how big or how small.

Users who are viewing this thread