Do you keep things from your parents?

Miserable

Apr 27, 2012
Okay, so. I have this 'penpal' in America, we write personal letters talking about lifey stuff and just ya'know, stuff you'd tell nobody. I tend to put my personal stuff in my draw so nobody reads/looks at it.

Anyway, one day, I come home and there it is - all my letters from my draw in my Mum's hand and she's been reading them. I feel quite pissed off with this because I wouldn't let anybody read these letters apart from myself (Keep in mind, I'm 18 and I classify as an adult) I tell her to stop reading them now in a quite generous nature, I mean, I could of been very angry but I managed to keep my cool. She turns around and says to me 'Oh, stop being so bloudy grumpy. You miserable girl' and slams the door in my face.

Now, in all honesty, I don't think that was very fair - at all. The way things go is that I find it disrespectful to touch something that isn't yours without permission - see, if she gave me some time I may of let her read these letters.
In your opinion, was I in the wrong for being pissed off or was she in the wrong for looking in the first place?
Do you keep some things away from your parents?

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Okay, so. I have this 'penpal' in America, we write personal letters talking about lifey stuff and just ya'know, stuff you'd tell nobody. I tend to put my personal stuff in my draw so nobody reads/looks at it.

Anyway, one day, I come home and there it is - all my letters from my draw in my Mum's hand and she's been reading them. I feel quite pissed off with this because I wouldn't let anybody read these letters apart from myself (Keep in mind, I'm 18 and I classify as an adult) I tell her to stop reading them now in a quite generous nature, I mean, I could of been very angry but I managed to keep my cool. She turns around and says to me 'Oh, stop being so bloudy grumpy. You miserable girl' and slams the door in my face.

Now, in all honesty, I don't think that was very fair - at all. The way things go is that I find it disrespectful to touch something that isn't yours without permission - see, if she gave me some time I may of let her read these letters.
In your opinion, was I in the wrong for being pissed off or was she in the wrong for looking in the first place?
Do you keep some things away from your parents?

Most of the time I do because if you tell them straight up they're gonna be annoying asf.

Users who are viewing this thread