Dislike people's replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
There's a like button to show you enjoyed reading peoples threads and thought it was helpful, but what if there was some guy to say something unhelpful and potentially dangerous? This wouldn't count to your total likes on your profile, but would be more helpful to the users.

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
No, there's a like button. There should be a dislike button. Reporting is different

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
The intent of a like is obvious; you agree with the post, and there is generally nothing more to add. This would not be the case with a dislike button, as there could be infinite number of reasons as to why you dislike/disagree with a post. Therefore, if you see a post that you dislike, you should reply to it, and state your reasoning. This is a discussion forum after all.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
The intent of a like is obvious; you agree with the post, and there is generally nothing more to add. This would not be the case with a dislike button, as there could be infinite number of reasons as to why you dislike/disagree with a post. Therefore, if you see a post that you dislike, you should reply to it, and state your reasoning. This is a discussion forum after all.
I like the way in which you word things, Josh.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I usually like posts to show I wish to make sexual advances with target user.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Disliking a post just encourages people not to reply, which doesn't allow for proper critique or socialization. It seems to me that a large number of users would just use it as a means to witch hunt or get revenge on a certain user for saying or doing things he or she dislikes, here's some examples:

The Leader/Jaden paradigm:
Leader: "That fukin pleb Jaden is at it again" *dislikes post with no reasoning*
Jaden: "Wow, K" *dislikes all future posts that Leader makes*
Habbo hating:
Habbotard: "Hey guys, it's habboboy619 here, coming at you with another RevCMS skin" *gets 10,000 dislikes, is never seen again on the forum*

The system would probably be that likes get subtracted for every dislike received, which will just stagnate many user's drive to release things.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Disliking a post just encourages people not to reply, which doesn't allow for proper critique or socialization. It seems to me that a large number of users would just use it as a means to witch hunt or get revenge on a certain user for saying or doing things he or she dislikes, here's some examples:

The Leader/Jaden paradigm:
Leader: "That fukin pleb Jaden is at it again" *dislikes post with no reasoning*
Jaden: "Wow, K" *dislikes all future posts that Leader makes*
Habbo hating:
Habbotard: "Hey guys, it's habboboy619 here, coming at you with another RevCMS skin" *gets 10,000 dislikes, is never seen again on the forum*

The system would probably be that likes get subtracted for every dislike received, which will just stagnate many user's drive to release things.
I would dislike your post just because it's usually flipped. Refer to my posts for support on this. Also lol RZ doesn't have any issues with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread