Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
<-New coding routine
As Dominic says in this short passage:
Myrax said:
The Habbo.SWF has been restructured because me and Mike decided it was time to point out massive flaws in their security, we have been mailing sulakes client development && security team for along time now and alot of our ideas have been implemented (if you think i'm lying for some reason, feel free to check osma (CTO) an my twitter feed)

The client obfuscation techniques have been improved and tightened, and i'm almost 100% certain that none of you here will ever be able to make sense of most of the code in there. Most, if not all of the variables are now referred to as 'k', however each is different in its own way. The AVM2 keeps track of which variable is which by using AVM2 debug properties, we're also certain there's a look-up table somewhere for class names and locations as how they used to be stored has been changed.

The message ID's haven't changed, they still exist in the client and by that I mean things like secret message event is still 1, and uniquemachine id is still 277 ( i think it's 277, might be 275 writing this of the top of my head). So there must be a new enciphering technique used on the message ids, because the body of the message is still intact.
If it's challenging, people will learn.
I either gave Sulake help, or I gave true programmers a challenge that will further their programming ability. I'd rather believe the second.
If you don't want the challenge, you shouldn't be developing. People who seek challenge will ensure they program correctly.
What Mike had to say:
office.boy said:
I helped Sulake because i'm fed up of kiddies making money off of other developers work. Seeing kids with over £1000 coming in a month from their retro almost makes me feel sick - none of this is given to developers, and without the developers, retros wouldn't even exist.

Maybe it'l teach some people a lesson. Who knows. As for the newest client stuff; good luck LOL.

twitter: Mike Graham (@demiliumm) on Twitter
What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
This is going to be a very big discussion, @demiliumm his twitter page is very informative.

Rilax.

Jun 25, 2011
I'm glad they took Dom and Mike's advice. People spend way too much time and energy developing Habbo, when they could be using their time and skill to make a brand new MMORPG, and get twice the money and recognition for their work.

walker140

Aug 9, 2011
Well, this is all big news to me...if I were one of the developers I would actually start requesting money for my work like Phoenix does....

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
Well, this is all big news to me...if I were one of the developers I would actually start requesting money for my work like Phoenix does....
But ain't that the reason why don and mike did what they did?

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
And there correct, it also makes me feel sick seeing that much money come from something what is not theres to claim. I understand that maybe CMS/Emulator/Client etc... Was created by developers but it doesn't mean it's theres? It's stupid and I hope the people who are charging for this take this into account and may teach, Habbo retro's are free that's why they were free in the first place NOT to be taking for income from unemployeed benefit hoggers.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
From what I have read so far, a few people have cracked it, or have an idea of how the new encrytion works. So no, I don't think it's the end. Even if they couldn't figure out the new encryption, the community still has 64 versions of Habbo to work with.

I'm glad they took Dom and Mike's advice. People spend way too much time and energy developing Habbo, when they could be using their time and skill to make a brand new MMORPG, and get twice the money and recognition for their work.
I disagree. You can't just make a MMORPG with no knowledge, practice, etc. Habbo emulation allows you to learn how things work, etc. Once you "master" Habbo emulation, most people don't stick around, so I don't see how they are wasting their energy. They leave with a lot of knowledge that wouldn't have had before.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Habbo retro development won't stop ever as of how the developers and retro owners do nowadays. Most learn things pretty fast, and quit when they have learned enough, as rasta said. Also, i don't see any developers complain on retros gaining loads of money. If they really cared that much they would either do as Aaron and sold licenses, or found other ways of how to gain any of these money to actually use their emulators/cms's or whatever they develop. The developers today have either found a creative way of gaining money, or do it of their free will, and don't give a shit about what the retros gain.

Rilax.

Jun 25, 2011
From what I have read so far, a few people have cracked it, or have an idea of how the new encrytion works. So no, I don't think it's the end. Even if they couldn't figure out the new encryption, the community still has 64 versions of Habbo to work with.

I disagree. You can't just make a MMORPG with no knowledge, practice, etc. Habbo emulation allows you to learn how things work, etc. Once you "master" Habbo emulation, most people don't stick around, so I don't see how they are wasting their energy. They leave with a lot of knowledge that wouldn't have had before.

Yes, but most people do stick around after they're well equipped to develop bigger and better things.

iNerdy

Idealist
Nov 30, 2010
Even if we are unable to get the latest update from habbo does that really matter? We have more than enough to build off of wiithout there help. I understand that habbo retros were ment to be free and what not but over time hosting can get quite expensive and some well most developers want to get paid for their hard work which dosen't happen to often. Habbo development wont stop simply because there is always someone out there trying to create a new retro or with creative ideas and for those who enjoy playing it wont stop playing it because they didnt catch the latest update. Honesly I dont even think its needed, if you know how to code or create customs for a retro than thats all you need, habbo Rp is an example of how habbo has been taken to another level completely, there are unlimited things you can do with it you just have to be creative, and if its one thing people like about retros is there uniquie features and there aren't very many out there that have them. So no I don't think this is the end of development and like raste said I have'nt seen one person complain about how much money people are making off their retro. Thats just my personal opinion :p

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
Well it's a challenge to all developers, this will have massive effect on phoenix obviously.
From what you see these days, i doubt it will stay cracked for long.

Lemony

Aug 15, 2011
I think there might be only two retros pulling in over a 1000 pounds a month, and that's probably an exaggerated number. Mind you that the majority of the retros out there don't even have a 100 unique visitors a week.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Not a chance, there will always be somebody that will find a new way around it.
And development will continue from there

And there correct, it also makes me feel sick seeing that much money come from something what is not theres to claim. I understand that maybe CMS/Emulator/Client etc... Was created by developers but it doesn't mean it's theres? It's stupid and I hope the people who are charging for this take this into account and may teach, Habbo retro's are free that's why they were free in the first place NOT to be taking for income from unemployeed benefit hoggers.

People do make Habbo Retros Free, they just offer paid items to users that wish to become the richest/most known/or simply help out with server bills.
Nobody forces people to buy VIP or Rares, its down to user discretion

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Not a chance, there will always be somebody that will find a new way around it.
And development will continue from there

People do make Habbo Retros Free, they just offer paid items to users that wish to become the richest/most known/or simply help out with server bills.
Nobody forces people to buy VIP or Rares, its down to user discretion

I'm referring to licenses.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I'm referring to licenses.

Ahh, sorry.
Yeh in terms of licensing an emulator i do disagree, but if it proves to be one of the most stable emulators around, then why not?
All the effort which has been put into to make it stable and reliable, they do deserve credit in some respect

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
VIP etc.. are acceptable as there giving the owner/host more support on providing a free and playable environment but and yes they do deserve credit and that would be nice giving donations like Rasta/Sledmore and any other developer has done than purchasing a license, I would just go on Habbo and spend that the whole idea of retro's was to be free and fun to play.

The rate of the Habbo economy's have gone down these days the community's are just newbies becoming staff, developers wanting money for there work, when it use to be experienced staff, great community's with rares being the most popular feature and not to mention Yifan and other creators releasing free content with a nice little shiny donation button on there releases.

1ntel

Nov 21, 2010
No, it's not the end. It's already been cracked and I am working on developing my own version of the new message structure :)

Myrax

Sep 14, 2011
Y'all going to be in big trouble when people like capostrike stop releasing cracked clients. 8- )

trolledo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread