Recruiting Developer Needed

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
The people who are demanding money based on their experience have been working on the same hotel for over 2 years blaming work and school for not opening their hotel. A good developer in the retro community will realize it's just a game and profit is not to be expected. Yes, time is money. Habbo retros is a hobby and every developer within this community is nothing more than a hobby developer; even if their legitimate job is in a development position the time spent in retros is as a hobby.

Asking for profit to do what better developers have done open-source is naive. When people such as Wesley create large emulators, or even Alex without expecting profit and you demand a bulk amount of change for simply doing what anyone with a tutorial could do...I see a very big issue.

I can work for you in the website side; however a big change I would introduce is the switch to Node.js immediately and cut down of Rev.

CardboardMan

purple
Nov 22, 2017
The people who are demanding money based on their experience have been working on the same hotel for over 2 years blaming work and school for not opening their hotel. A good developer in the retro community will realize it's just a game and profit is not to be expected. Yes, time is money. Habbo retros is a hobby and every developer within this community is nothing more than a hobby developer; even if their legitimate job is in a development position the time spent in retros is as a hobby.

Asking for profit to do what better developers have done open-source is naive. When people such as Wesley create large emulators, or even Alex without expecting profit and you demand a bulk amount of change for simply doing what anyone with a tutorial could do...I see a very big issue.

I can work for you in the website side; however a big change I would introduce is the switch to Node.js immediately and cut down of Rev.
Well said. I respect you for that :)

HoldUp

dont even
Aug 31, 2017

Well said. I agree. Not being funny but if I had a tutorial to follow for the things I need, would I need a dev? no lmao. Add me on discord or summin if u want lol king#6934

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Well said. I agree. Not being funny but if I had a tutorial to follow for the things I need, would I need a dev? no lmao. Add me on discord or summin if u want lol king#6934
if you respect it like my post ;d

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013

Nah I disagree. A good developer won't charge an arm and a leg but if I'm taking my time up to support you and your hotel I expect to be paid UNLESS I am devoted to that single hotel. If you want me to come and make some custom furni, or code you a feature I charge. If I'm ranked and have full access to everything , I'll usually just give me time and experience as long as the owner is active and I don't have my own projects.

Good developers don't sell the emulators they make because I'm not sure if you remember, but that's why Phoenix Emu developer, Aaron, got in trouble (licensing software copyright).

Yes, it's a hobby , but I think you should get paid for your time and expertise when you're developing.

Also to note: if the hotel is making money, and the server bills are covered, whoever is doing your developing should get a cut

HoldUp

dont even
Aug 31, 2017
Like my hotel now. We make some money here and there on sales. The developers get access to VPS and have a rank on the hotel..

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Rank and access should be a given as there is no legitimate reason an unexperienced owner should ever touch the technical side of the retro. However, charging for features is kinda dumb as a lot of people are already going broke and unless they come to you offering money its in poor taste to ask. I simply post stuff on my Github and let possible employers take a look at my code to see how I grown over the years; most people don't recognize what Habbo is so no stigma would be attached.

Users who are viewing this thread