DevBest Podcast - What do you think?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So yesterday a comment in a different thread posted by @Adil about making a DevBest Podcast made me think, what if we do this for real? So I'd like to receive the feedback from the community on what everyone would like to see, and in which format we can bring this.

The Format
So there are two ways I currently have in my mind for this. An actual podcast format, audio-only. Or, we do it in some kind of live stream format in which we play different games every time and just have general chats during those games. This would add some visuals. Which one would you prefer, or, do you have a different idea on the format?

Podcast subjects
So I want to make clear from the start, this is nog going to be retro focussed. Of course, if we are talking with a big name in the retro community as a guest, it can be a subject we talk about. It's part of DevBest. But I won't be solely putting the focus onto that. I'm planning on making the subjects quite broad, from real life to games, development, whatever. Any ideas about this are also really appreciated.

A new guest every episode
So, sitting there talking alone is not something people would be interested in at all. So, the plan is to have different guests every episode. So I'm looking for people who would like to join in on a regular basis or just a one-off as a guest. If you're interested in joining, please let me know through a PM.

Besides the above points, this thread is created for general ideas and feedback about this plan. Please keep it serious and on-topic, otherwise, your comment will be deleted and a warning will be issued.

Let the brainstorming begin!

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I'd love to hear some of the old skirmishes / drama, tales from the Admin, moderator's stories (like when Brandon gave me 666 warning points FTW), Odd history and missed users, That time Rasta met whatshername on the Beach, definitely interviews (even if it's their responses read to us because they're uncomfortable speaking or whatever) with the users that created some of the most iconic software and how they went about it. I learned so much from Ecko about the habbo retro community that wasn't ever really documented and I feel like this is a good opportunity to do such a thing because so many people have poured thousands and thousands of hours (and dollars) into habbo retros and the software for it. It's truly incredible and I wish there was an easy way for me or anyone to get ahold of all the old users and find out all the mysteries behind the software and possibly even collect all of it.

That's the dream anyway.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I wouldn’t mind a podcast or something of the variation. I’d join in on some conversations as a guest and enjoy having a good time reminiscing about the old stuff and other gaming/technology/world news.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
wow my shitposting yielded something
i cant believe this

• History of Habbo series
  • Where are they now - getting old habbo devs in to talk about what they done, what they do now etc (donkey would be a good first guest, he was around in the early days)
  • Tech (tech news, reviews, reactions)
  • Gaming (what's the latest in the games world)
  • Live streaming games + general chat
  • Interviews with random devbest members (members who've been here a while?)

good way to trial would be to leverage the discord
have a few live chats

im part of a sports podcast community and they do live chats for football games, the podcast cast people do it, have about 40 listeners, its great

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
So what do you guys think about which format to use?

Having visuals would bring the podcast to life more I think as u said gaming and stuff like that would be cool I'd deffo tune in to games and tech news.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I think several types of podcast so everyone has a choice what they want to hear

game related or for instance like me and other members just talking shit basically. It’d be a laugh.

maybe a section with threads for each podcast for instance

Minecraft podcast on a thread and people can reply with comments what they liked / want

then like another thread donkey and wess general talk same again people can have input etc

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I think several types of podcast so everyone has a choice what they want to hear

game related or for instance like me and other members just talking shit basically. It’d be a laugh.

Minecraft podcast on a thread and people can reply with comments what they liked / want

then like another thread donkey and wess general talk same again people can have input etc

I'd like to keep it in one format instead of different things going on at the same time. But I think every episode will be different anyway, as conversations always grow organically depending on the guest.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I'd like to keep it in one format instead of different things going on at the same time. But I think every episode will be different anyway, as conversations always grow organically depending on the guest.

defo I just think a variety of things would be decent. Like you said every episode would be different

chiefqueef

gooby pls
Jan 8, 2012
this is a great way to keep the community active in a topic other than habbo , i think audio but with some visuals for the format, it would be great to get to know the users on a more personal level as ive known and spoke to many on here since 2012, im sitting here thinkin thats long when theres users been on here longer than 10 years lol its just mind boggling

Menkz

Jul 9, 2010
You could always have both? Record an audio version whilst hosting the visual podcast. Post the audio as an MP3 or something and link it to the thread.

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017

i think for that maybe we could seperate the days monday tech, tuesday games, wednesday THE FUCKING MAD DONKEY SHOW so on so on.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I was more thinking of a (bi-)weekly thing guys, making something every day would be a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread