Devbest IOS app

Jan 7, 2016
I would like to see a devbest IOS application, I know for some it may not be a suitable thing but I thought instead of "tapatalk" since it seems to have been removed, why not a regular app that uses the forum instead of people using safari or any other application to just see the site. Due to my iPhone screen being smaller than my android LG phone, what are your thoughts?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
As there's nothing besides TapaTalk that DevBest could use, I doubt this will happen, because of various reasons:
- There's nothing pre-made.
- Josh has a fulltime job, so making a DevBest iOS app would take way too much time.
- Hiring someone to make it would cost quite a lot of money
- And to add to the last 2 points, the amount of users that would actually use it would be quite low I assume

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I wouldn't like to see a DevBest iOS application. Chrome on my iPhone works just fine.

What could the app offer that a web browser on a phone can't? Nothing.

If you're willing to pay for developer licenses (can't just have iOS, what about Android too?) and pay for an actual developer just because your screen is small, then go for it.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Why? It works perfect on an iPhone in the browser. I don't see any benefit to having an app for Devbest.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
no ones going to waste battery life and space for a devbest app. it would probably at best get 6 downloads. not worth the investment lol

Andeh

the best cis-boy
Jun 1, 2010
An app would just be a waste when the website is perfectly responsive and looks as great on a phone or tablet as on a computer.

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
i quite happy useing tapatalk on my phone does the same thing as other things no need for an app

Moron

wes#5860
Mar 25, 2014
@RastaLulz - if we already have a developer's license for both Android and iOS users, would you allow someone to develop apps for both?

Might have to start a new project!

Users who are viewing this thread