DevBest has a Mumble (VoIP) server, come join us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
DevBest has recently gotten a Mumble server, which is an "open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming". Seeing that DevBest has a lot of gamers, I thought this would be great for communicating with others in the community, and playing games together (or just having a conversation over VoIP, as oppose to text). There's multiple channels in which you can go to, some for specific games, and others for just general chatter. As more and more people use the server, more channels will be added to fit their needs.

With all of that being said, I hope to see you in Mumble, and possibly have a chat with you, or maybe even play a game together. We also plan on having weekly(?) Mumble events in which the whole community can participate in, although that's still being worked out. If you'd like to contribute suggestions toward that, feel free to post in .

Please keep the following in mind when using Mumble
:
  • Nobody wants to hear someone echoing audio.
    • Learn to use push-to-talk, as oppose to using continuous audio or voice activity.
    • Use a decent headset so it doesn't pick up external audio.
  • Use your DevBest username, otherwise you may be kicked/banned.
  • All of DevBest's global rules still apply on this server.

Where do I download/get Mumble?
You can download the latest version of Mumble .

What is the IP and port for the DevBest's Mumble server?
The IP is "m.devbest.com", and the port is "36257".

Have any questions? or having any problems with this?
If you're having any issues, or just any questions in general, feel free to post a thread .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread