[Devbest Exclusive Series] [Ep. 2] How to create a online R36B Habbo Retro using a VPS and IIS

SentimentalX

Society is deteriorating.
Feb 9, 2019
How to create a R36B Habbo Retro using a VPS and IIS

Please note before starting this: if you currently own a Habbo Retro on a VPS using XAMPP I highly suggest you use this tutorial to migrate from XAMPP as XAMPP is simply for development purposes only. The migration isn't hard at all - just close Apachi and MySQL from XAMPP and then follow this tutorial. Transfer your htdocs folder content to your wwwroot folder in which I navigate to throughout the tutorial. Apologies if I have some sentence mess ups throughout the tutorial, this was done at 2 AM just before my VPS expired so I had to get it done now or never.

Download links:
Download for everything except game folder:
Game folder download:

Recommended VPS hosts:

(Has 7 day free trial)

Recommended Domain registrars:

(free domain)

Other links:

Special thank you to:
@smh - Helping me learn most of what I know today
@Sledmore - For his Emulator
@BrainCMS - For his CMS
@JMG - For helping me on multiple occasions
and finally @Wess for once again giving me help.​

Last edited:

DVerse

Oct 8, 2016
ive done your steps but i used xampp, when i try to connect via webbrowser to my domain it comes error 552: Connection timed out.
could be dat problem just because i used xampp instead of IIS ?

edit: ive done all steps exactly like you showed with the freenom and cloudflare, nameserver etc.

Terific

Mar 8, 2019
Can you post the Builder1-Production file? I don't get it trough the download files you have mentioned..

SentimentalX

Feb 9, 2019
Can you post the Builder1-Production file? I don't get it trough the download files you have mentioned..

The production file should be the game folder - you should find it in tutorial 1.

RamRetro

Mar 23, 2019
Nice videos. I used to own a hotel a while a go, just coming back to the scene and this is really helpful. When will your next tutorials be up?

SentimentalX

Feb 9, 2019
Nice videos. I used to own a hotel a while a go, just coming back to the scene and this is really helpful. When will your next tutorials be up?
I have been slacking big time - I have got a little bit of school before the 2 weeks break come so once it comes round I'll start pushing videos out again - a week or two maximum :)

coledavidson

Mar 30, 2017
Which files effect things like text on the webpage? this is probably such a stupid question but I guess I'm just overlooking them.

MiroVerleysen

Feb 11, 2016
When starting the emulator I get the following errors, registering an account does not work either, what could I be doing wrong?
You must be registered for see images attach

JacobLucado

ωєв ∂єνєℓσρєя
Jan 26, 2014
You can add this to your description if you want, but offers free Linux, Windows, and Cloud VPS'.
No catch, no card info. completely free.

chris904239

Jul 5, 2016
First off I want to start by saying thank you very much for this tutorial, it has helped me greatly.
My hotel works perfectly, however, when I click logout it stalls for a really long time and then just redirects me to /me.php. Basically it's impossible for me to logout without clearing my cache. It's no big deal but I was wondering if you know how to fix this? I followed your tutorial in the first part and everything worked completely fine but for some reason on the VPS-hosted one I cannot logout.

l0r3m

Dec 17, 2018
@SentimentalX First of all, thanks for this. This was the easiest tut to follow, but I got a smidge stuck. The CMS is up an everything but when I load the client, it's stuck at 76%; I am running the emu and I've set the firewall settings. I'm not sure what else to do?

Edit: I fixed it, had some fixes to make in variables files.

Last edited:

hipuh

May 7, 2019
It tells me I'm using an old version of PHP when trying to connect, this is the error:

PHP version is lower then PHP 5.6 your PHP version is 5.5.19

I've tried installing newer PHP's but it doesn't make a difference

Denero

May 11, 2019
Great tutorial. Followed it step by step and now have my own retro.
Also a good ops website is ions. Great price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread