DDOS Attack

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
Can anybody guide on how to solve the issue? My server is under DDOS attack (through server ip i guess) may i know how to solve it as the website is unable to load.

Nicolaj97

Mar 8, 2021
Are you sure it's your server IP? It can be a layer-7 attack, which makes the website unable to load. Look into Cloudflare (or whatever you use) first and see if there's any attacks shown.

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
Yes thrs attack ongoing, high chances is through the server ip. I have check cloudflare aswell, really unsure on how to recover it and run the hotel back online.

airilxx

Jan 1, 2012
Best way is to temporarily disable your webserver / IIS for now. Then only allow Cloudflare IPs on your VPS firewall. You can follow tutorial provided by @Johno on here :

However if you're using Linux VPS, you'll need to manually allow Cloudflare IPs access via iptables rules. I'm not sure if there's a script to automate these

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
Best way is to temporarily disable your webserver / IIS for now. Then only allow Cloudflare IPs on your VPS firewall. You can follow tutorial provided by @Johno on here :

However if you're using Linux VPS, you'll need to manually allow Cloudflare IPs access via iptables rules. I'm not sure if there's a script to automate these
I have this for linux when using iptables

run this to download and execute the script

wget
chmod +x CloudFlare-HTTP.sh
./CloudFlare-HTTP.sh

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014

This may help to rerun my website back to online?

Mrmoseby

Jul 1, 2016
Cloudflare isn’t really good anymore or have been for the past years. The Layer 7 protection that they provide for free users is incredibly easy to bypass for ”hackers” and the DDoS mitigation is very poor.

If you’re having trouble with Layer 7 attacks I would suggest that you use Nginx rate limitting, I have had way better success with that than Cloudflare.
Post automatically merged:

Get a game dedi and setup the firewall

Also this is partly true. A dedicated game server usually has a good configured physical firewall that will blacklist and notice the most common Layer 4 attacks from Habbo people.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Cloudflare isn’t really good anymore or have been for the past years. The Layer 7 protection that they provide for free users is incredibly easy to bypass for ”hackers” and the DDoS mitigation is very poor.

If you’re having trouble with Layer 7 attacks I would suggest that you use Nginx rate limitting, I have had way better success with that than Cloudflare.

Also this is partly true. A dedicated game server usually has a good configured physical firewall that will blacklist and notice the most common Layer 4 attacks from Habbo people.
They’re super expensive that’s the issue. I used to use JavaPipe and they were amazing, again quite expensive though!

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014

is there a tutorial on how to set up Nginx rate limitting?

Users who are viewing this thread