#DB10 - User Story Series - Part 2: TesoMayn & Adil

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
1601653422972-png.11540
We're keeping the development theme alive! After the retrospective, we're now moving on to user stories. There's one major difference though, where a user story would normally focus on things to come, we're actually diving into the past of DevBest and its community. For this series, we've contacted a few members who left their mark on DevBest, new, active, inactive, or old users, we threw them in the mix. We asked them to write a bit about their experience on DevBest, but they were fully free to write whatever they wanted to write. There's no fixed format.

Read part 1 here:
Read part 3 here:

Part 2: TesoMayn & Adil
In the second part, we're moving on to two long time users, who are still around and about on DevBest. If they are famous or infamous is still up for debate, but they are valued members of the community for sure. We hope you'll all enjoy this second part of the User Story Series, with @TesoMayn and @Adil!

When did I join?
October of 2011, too lazy to check but it was either the 30th or 31st, as I remember it being Halloween lol At least on TesoMayn, had an account before this but forgot the login to it and when I tried to reset my password then, I never received the link.

Why did I join DevBest?
Well, I had a friend who for some reason, despite knowing I didn't really play retros, kept asking me how to fix issues with his emulator and CMSes. So I'd come on here and post his questions as my own, and then relay the answers back to him, which in hindsight is probably why he kept asking me questions. Honestly, I never intended to become a part of the community, I was just going to ask my questions, and leave as I really have no interest in Habbo. But, I started chatting with people, developed friendships with them (specifically @Dzetki), and starting coming on not to ask questions, but to just chat.

Favorite DevBest Memories
Honestly too many, mostly I miss the days when we'd use to play games together, talk shit to each other, and just have a good time. TinyChat was fun too, I remember when @bigdawg was making scrambled eggs and had to look up how to make them lol CraftBest was a good time And of course, can't forget when I killed @bigdawg and the game called me a winner before I killed him. That was a real good time, for me at least ;P

I joined DevBest in 2011 after discovering retros in 2010, I had played Habbo (my cousin introduced me to it) for a while and realized that being a skint teenager was not a good idea - so the only logical thing to do was join some dodgy rip off private servers where you didn't have to pay for fancy furni!

I joined the other 2 big sites (RIP TO OUR FALLEN BROTHERS) around the same time as DevBest - DevBest was the plucky upstart, free from over-zealous moderators and the tyranny of well-established hierarchies (also Jincos and shorty weren't mods on DevBest, Jincoz was a weirdo and shorty still is).

I slowly became more involved with the community, learning more about Habbo (at the same also learning more about programming), becoming friendlier and friendlier with fellow community members (@TesoMayn, @bigdawg, @Sledmore, @Kaz, @Wess, @Donkey, @Kryptos, @iKieren, @Benden, @Quackster, too many to name...)

I've been on this site in some capacity (from being a subversive annoying forum member catching infractions like your ex-girlfriend catches STD's and fighting with @Ecko to being a moderator and using my powers to bring about peace and tranquility AND being friendly with Ecko) for over 10 years now - which is crazy to think about.

From a spotty teenager to a handsome, dashing, brilliant genius, DevBest has weirdly enough been one of the few sites I've consistently visited over the past decade.

Here's to many more minutes, days, weeks, etc of DevBest!

We still have a competition running in which you can win an Amazon gift card! Read the thread below.

Do you want to see a specific user in another part of the User Story Series? Tag them below in the comments!

#DB10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread