Cyberpunk 2077

Are you going to be playing Cyberpunk 2077?

• Total voters

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
You must be registered for see images attach

So, we're less than a day away from one of the most anticipated RPG games of the year, if not a couple of years now. Are you excited?

I've had mixed emotions on the game, most likely due to following it for sometime. Each time I've seen a trailer I've also critiqued it a little too much; from the dialog, to the physics and even some of the graphics.

I've tried to stray away from the most recent trailers, spoilers and The Night City Wire episodes to try and not reveal too much, especially with it being an RPG a lot of the fun comes down to exploring and figuring out how the game / world works.

Some of the early reviews and there have been a lot of complaints about performance, though apparently this comes down to the DRM (Denuvo). See , and a lot of the early released benchmarks are not entirely promising, but I'm going to assume this will all change on the patch.

Cyberpunk is currently being streamed early on Twitch by a select few. Also there is some exclusivity agreement between CD Projekt RED and GOG which gives players a little bonus and all purchases directly go through to CD Projekt RED, the game was also half priced initially.

I'll be playing on PC primarily, my system has a 3070 so I'm hoping for pretty decent performance & high textures.

Are you excited? Or not interested at all? What system do you plan to play it on?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I wonder if this'll be another No Man's Sky, just due to the sheer hype around it. If there's any game I'm going to pick up this year (until I get my Quest 2 of course), it's likely to be this one (currently don't have my PC setup). I haven't followed too much, which is hopefully a benefit if I do get it.

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Changed to no after reading some of the early reviews citing a boring story and very poor performance even on decent spec machines.
Would consider it on sale in the future after improvements.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
Defo will buy it when it goes on sale, i want to wait till full reviews are out because 100% im expecting crashs, bugs and much more

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I wonder if this'll be another No Man's Sky, just due to the sheer hype around it. If there's any game I'm going to pick up this year (until I get my Quest 2 of course), it's likely to be this one (currently don't have my PC setup). I haven't followed too much, which is hopefully a benefit if I do get it.

Luckily, at-least they've disclosed that Cyberpunk will not ship with multiplayer, unlike No Man's Sky and it's failed promises. However, NMS is now actually worth it, I've put a fair few hours into it, I bought it way back on release but got a refund then bought it down the line.

Yeah, I suppose by the time you're playing, a bunch of DLC will have been released.

Changed to no after reading some of the early reviews citing a boring story and very poor performance even on decent spec machines.
Would consider it on sale in the future after improvements.

Yeah, reviews have really been hit and miss for this. I had the same issue with performance (running on Ryzen 7 3800X, 64 GB 3200mhz & a RTX 3070), however I realised I forgot to install the game ready drivers, once I'd installed them it was a stable 60-80 on ultra w/ RTX on.

Story I'm 50/50 on, it's a very slow start, can be thrilling but then can turn into a chore, I'm only on Act 2 so I guess cannot really say much - and don't want to spoil either. Will definitely be worth it down the line, just not sure about this game on console - seen a lot of negative feedback for most consoles, I guess particularly previous gen.

Defo will buy it when it goes on sale, i want to wait till full reviews are out because 100% im expecting crashs, bugs and much more

Yeah for sure, it's worth the wait - things can only get better.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
No Man's Sky redeemed itself though and eventually met all of the expectations it previously failed to deliver on and then some. I think a more accurate equivalent for the comparison you're trying to make would be Evolve, roundabout the same hype for a product that turned out to be completely forgettable, utterly irredeemable trash through and through. 🤔

I don't follow gaming much anymore, but from what I've been hearing from others whose opinions on these things I trust (like Muta from SOG), things are looking a bit shaky but hey, early days and all that. Exciting stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread