Custom keeb hype

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Yeah I can't contain my excitement, and neither should you! Check this hot shit out, I got myself a in the mail, and a ton of parts to go with.
nibble3.jpg

nibble_ISO1.jpg

My plan so far:
Holy Panda Switches, lubed with Krytox 205g0 on MillMax 7305 sockets for the hotswap (see later parts list)
Durock v2 gold stabilizers, lubed with dielectric grease as is tradition, with foam (bandaid) mod
FR4 plate, PE foam layers where needed, some people add up to SIX layers of foam!
OLED with repositioning above the backspace key
BIT-C Running QMK, bongo cat on the oled of course :)

Swapptions:
I also have a TON of switches laying around, I'm still debating what keycaps to use as well.
Everglide Oreo, Cherry MX Blue, Glorious Panda switches, and some randoms I stole from other boards :3

For keycaps I've got:

And a ton of keycaps that came with some boards I've had for years, such as Razer Widow, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Corsair, those kinds of GAMER font keys.

Did I mention my GMMK Pro that's in the mail? Don't ask how much that config cost...

grand

Sex? Yes please.
May 4, 2014
That looks awesome. I wanted to lube my gat yellows but it's not worth tearing my entire board apart. How does the lube feel before and after?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
That looks awesome. I wanted to lube my gat yellows but it's not worth tearing my entire board apart. How does the lube feel before and after?
To be honest, not a fan of lubed tactiles! I am also not a fan of linears, although lubing them makes them much nicer. I found that only the stem itself and maybe the guide rails need an absolute minimal amount of lube, like nearly none. It removes some of the scratchyness you can get in some switches. I've tried like, 10 or so different switches now and I'm in love with OG Holy Pandas (remakes are OK but scratchy and inconsistent!) and I'm currently using nonlubed as I decided I overlubed all my other ones. I've got extras so I'm going to just soak each part in some soap eventually, then rebuild with my new technique. I've got a couple macro pads I've built now and a few different sized keyboards. it's a really nice tie between mind numbingly tedious, programming, and board level design/construction! I just keep buying more kits online as they popup, sooner or later I'll have to start selling these since I'll have so many. Or make a shelf :3

Users who are viewing this thread