Currency Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
I want to know where I'd be able to convert £100 to euros (126 roughly) in cash, in the UK.
I've been told a Post Office would do it but idk

My mums going to Spain in September and I want to give her some euros for Christmas.

would I be able to exchange exactly £100 or would it have to be rounded so that the Euro amount is a whole number?

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014
Check around on google. When i went to America i found out that Asda was the best for pound to dollar exchange. :)

After checking both Asda and the post office. It says you'll get 130 in the post office

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Go to an exchange office or a travel agents or the post offce, they will convert it for you and it will probably get rounded to a payable amount

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Either a post officer or a bank, travel agents,

Basically they will round it up to the nearest Euro, meaning you may need to pay an extra few pence/pounds or even keep a few based on the exchange rate

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Check around on google. When i went to America i found out that Asda was the best for pound to dollar exchange. :)
I've spent 5minutes googling it and got bored so thought here would give me a reasonable answer.

There's not an Asda near me, and I don't want to risk going all the way to the closest one to find out they cant do it :l
Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I've spent 5minutes googling it and got bored so thought here would give me a reasonable answer.

There's not an Asda near me, and I don't want to risk going all the way to the closest one to find out they cant do it :l
Only some Asda stores have a currency kiosk in them, so not worth the trip if it hasnt

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Either a post officer or a bank, travel agents,

Basically they will round it up to the nearest Euro, meaning you may need to pay an extra few pence/pounds or even keep a few based on the exchange rate
Go to an exchange office or a travel agents or the post offce, they will convert it for you and it will probably get rounded to a payable amount
Ah thanks. I'll just go into the post office tomorrow and ask. If not I'll go to the bank as suggested :)

Thanks!

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014

Ahh, I would use the post office just because its the easiest.

Only some Asda stores have a currency kiosk in them, so not worth the trip if it hasnt
Totally forgot about this haha

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Nip into town, there must be at least one holiday/travel agents there. We have about 3 in our town and 2 separate stores specifically converting money.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Nip into town, there must be at least one holiday/travel agents there. We have about 3 in our town and 2 separate stores specifically converting money.
I'll have a look around on Wednesday.
I don't understand all this rate bullshit but when I used an online converter it forced me to convert £105.25 as it would exchange €130 - wouldn't let me convert exactly £100 as it came out with something like €126.79

Would I have to round it to £105.25 or would some shops allow exactly £100?

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
Pretty sure most Tesco Extra's do this, or you could go to your local bank; My barclays and HSBC do exchanges, but I think they only do Eurozone countries and America.
When I went to Germany, I just asked for £500 worth of euro's.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Pretty sure most Tesco Extra's do this, or you could go to your local bank; My barclays and HSBC do exchanges, but I think they only do Eurozone countries and America.
When I went to Germany, I just asked for £500 worth of euro's.
Do you know the charges/rates/whatever the fuck it is for most banks?
I'm with TSB if that helps

BitchesLoveCake

Dec 8, 2014
ddd473239b3c3e1da0ef56ac60d56b66.png

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Just search on "google money exchanger near me" and you can check the rates at xe.com

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Just search on "google money exchanger near me" and you can check the rates at xe.com
Ah, I've decided to just give her the money in GBP, if she wants she can fuck about getting it exchanged.
Thanks anyway though, will come in handy in the future :up:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
This is why I wish the whole world just went on the same exchange of money. It would made things a lot easier when traveling, but then we would have to decide who gets control of how much money is printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread