CS:GO Betting Website - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buildinatorn

Feb 19, 2015
Hello there. I'm currently in the process of creating my own CS:GO betting/gambling website but I am currently really stuck and I need your help!

I am very new to Javascript and have tried to learn it through videos, websites, tutorials etc etc but I honestly don't really know what I need to know or how to properly implement it.

Summary
There's a gaming distribution site called Steam. On Steam is a competitive, FPS game called Counter Strike: Global Offensive. On there you can win/buy/unlock/trade skins and knives, which can be incredibly valuable. There are quite a few sites out there already such as: and however, in my opinion, they are rather poor and basic and I have many ideas on how to improve on their work (many CS:GO websites copy heavily off of each other, is this how so many people have managed to make their own websites?)

When on one of these websites, you log in using your Steam account name and password. Once logged in, you need to post your trade link. This trade link is used for when you want to deposit any skins to the pot and for if you win. When you click deposit, a bot sends you a trade link. You add the skins/knives and send them to the bot. Your deposit is then added to the pot with many others. Once a certain number of people have deposited, a winner is chosen (the more valuable your skins/knives are, the higher chance of winning) and hash is made. The winner is sent a trade request and is given the skins/knives they have won.

So my question is, where can I learn how to do this?! What do I need to learn? I am not asking for somebody to come along and say "Oh, you need this which I have just made for you, and this which my friend made and then bam, it'll work" (I still probably would have use all the help i can get), I am asking somebody to kindly make a list of what I need to learn exactly and not just "Yeah, erm, you should learn Javascript moron" because I have tried to learn Javascript already but I still have no clue how to go about this.. Like, how do I create a CS:GO Steam bot? (This isn't much to do with JS, but more Virtual Studio I think). How would I get that bot to communicate with the website? How can I tell the bot that "here is the trade link, send a trade offer to this link!"? How do I create a hash along with the winner? Do I have to use a crawler to gain the prices of the skins/knives?

I have many questions such as how to the website/server fetch the user's profile name (different to their account name) and avatar/picture.

Sorry for the very long amount of text. I am not asking for a definitive answer as such, just for somebody who is experienced to just calm me down and tell me what I need to know since I don't know exactly what I need to know.. And again, please so no "you sound too bad to be creating websites like this" which is true, I suppose , but I feel that my website would really change things and gain a lot of popularity.

FocuZst

Jan 16, 2015
You will need to learn a server-side language such as Python, Ruby on rails, Java, PHP, or any other. I would highly recommend learning on Treehouse if you're able to pay for their service. Once you know how to work with databases and using APIs such as making a Steam login, you'll know where to go from there. It will take some time to learn this, but if you're really interested in creating your project, the time will be worth it. Good luck :)!

Here is a link to treehouse:

Buildinatorn

Feb 19, 2015
You will need to learn a server-side language such as Python, Ruby on rails, Java, PHP, or any other. I would highly recommend learning on Treehouse if you're able to pay for their service. Once you know how to work with databases and using APIs such as making a Steam login, you'll know where to go from there. It will take some time to learn this, but if you're really interested in creating your project, the time will be worth it. Good luck :)!

But aint i able to work something from a scratched wordpress website?

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
You should probably try and find a leaked version of the script that everyone uses to make their website, then try and learn from it and see what languages it uses. There's no point in re-inventing the wheel when it's already invented and can just be improved.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011

Hidden ref. Tell people before using your ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread