covit, a portfolio project by Codetana.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
What is covit?
Covit is a one-page portfolio creator project made under the name of Codetana. It came from an idea of a friend.

Features
  • Editor to customize your portfolio
  • Personal sub-domain for your portfolio.
I am planning to add more features in the future. Including other themes and improvements on the editor.

Alpha phase?
Currently, I am launching this project in an alpha phase. Only individuals with invite codes can have access to the service. However, any registered user can generate 2 codes and each of them can only be used once.

For this post, I will provide 5 invite codes. They are: 0KSEz, NzbJe, hyzte, IRMen, 7tepx
You can register here:

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Anybody wanting invited, PM me for my 2 codes

Pretty cool, interface is a little confusing seeing as it's composed of purely icons. Maybe add a hover effect showing what the tool is

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
When you save changes in editor, the Preview button doesn't 'un'disable
I have fixed it.

Anybody wanting invited, PM me for my 2 codes

Pretty cool, interface is a little confusing seeing as it's composed of purely icons. Maybe add a hover effect showing what the tool is
I'll work on the tooltips for displaying what the icon actually do.

Added new features on the 28th December 2016. You can now mask your portfolio with a cname entry on your domain! More info:

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Progress on an improved editor is going well! If all goes as planned, it will be up by this week! I'll be giving out a few more invite codes when the update goes live.
0F2Xk0241t52.png

Well, it turns out that I have been working hard this past week and I've decided to release the update a little early. Read for more info!
Oh, and before I forget, here are a few invite codes for you guys to try the service out! w33ds, c0ke, scr0b, qu4k

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Looks good! I can't see the updates page without being registered though, maybe change that.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Looks good! I can't see the updates page without being registered though, maybe change that.
You should be registered to view the updates. That's why I handed out some invite codes.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I agree with GarettM, when registering (and it's succesful), you should redirect to the login page after an x amount of seconds.
Here are my 2 invite codes: 9ikL1 & N1MEG

As for the editor, the CSS editor is quite simple. Adding 3 lines of code and the box is full. Even though this can be expanded, maybe move this to another page with syntax highlighting. Also, I'm able to add JavaScript to the custom CSS - which is also being processed.

Last edited:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This is interesting. I kinda wanna build my own system like this. Fond of the c0ke invite key (geddit @Donkey.... key :D)

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
A new theme has been added! For a quick look, you can check it out .

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
6th January 2017 Update
  • Added personal picture upload.
  • Added "Support Us" page.
Personal pictures are what represents you and give a personal touch to your portfolio. An .
If you like this project and want to support it, visit the "Support Us" page to learn how you can do that exact thing!

January 13th Update
  • Added "Editor Tips"
  • Added new theme "Bubble"
  • Made content delivery in editor mode stable.
Added "Editor Tips" - Users will now be shown "popover" dialog throughout the editor that will feature tips on how to use the editor. More tips will be added when more improvements are made on the editor. Users can disable this feature in their Account Settings.

Added new theme "Bubble" - A demo can be viewed on .

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
When you say customize?To what extent exactly?
Is it something like

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Looks minimal and nice, any more invites going to be posted soon?

When you say customize?To what extent exactly?
Is it something like
First thing I thought of was Tumblr.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
covit will be starting an open alpha test on the 29th of January! Invitation codes won't be required to sign up.

covit is not in open alpha!

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
It's been a while since the last update, how's development going?
Made a new front page as well as doing minor tweaks to the editor (code back end).

Users who are viewing this thread