• No

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I'm not even going to argue with this, as I fully agree, but I do want to add some nuance to this. Mainly because I fully get the frustration that @Blackburn showed in his message. It's something I have a lot of issues with, too. To be clear: this isn't about @Bran. He's indeed, just asking questions.

Anti-vaxxers are everywhere when it comes to online presence. You can't open social media without seeing anti-vax stuff around (inb4 "that's why I don't go on social media" comments, I don't care, this isn't about you). Here in the Netherlands, and for sure many other countries, even political parties push fake news and anti-vax sentiment to rial people up. A huge part of this anti-vax group constantly shows signs that they think they are superior to the "sheep" who "follow the government". There's literally no way to even have a normal discussion with those people, without them grasping to nonsense comments, insults, or remarks to show how much better they think they are. So when it comes to those just asking questions (and I get that Blackburn misinterpreted Bran's "a bit sus" as being anti-vax), the willingness to remain calm becomes much harder to keep - because of the frustration about those people (those people as in, the die-hard conspiracy anti-vaxxers) has been building up for 1.5 years.

I'm not saying this is an excuse because I fully agree with you Mace that what you said, is 100% more effective, but do remember we are all human. And sometimes, frustrations can take over. Just to add a bit of nuance here.
there's a literal picture of my vaccine card there showing i had the first dose, so why he felt the need to come and reply to my comment that was made a while ago and call me an anti-vaxxer is quite dense

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
there's a literal picture of my vaccine card there showing i had the first dose, so why he felt the need to come and reply to my comment that was made a while ago and call me an anti-vaxxer is quite dense
He never called you an anti-vaxxer. Like, he literally never did. In the first 2 paragraphs, he's talking directly to you ("This shows that you" and "I'd also like to comment on your statement").

In the next three paragraphs, he's talking generally about groups of people ("And to the other fools who think mRNA is unsafe", "Oh and the people who claim they are dangerous", "This shows people their ignorance on this forum").

In the last sentence, he's saying "I'd say anti-vaxxers and coronahoax believers are as delusional as Flat Earthers.". He's not even calling anyone an anti-vaxxer, he's saying anti-vaxxers and hoax believers are delusional.

So don't make false statements like this. He never called you an anti-vaxxer, he debunked your arguments in the first two paragraphs and continued to make general statements afterward. Properly read someone's comment before you put words in their mouth.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
He never called you an anti-vaxxer. Like, he literally never did. In the first 2 paragraphs, he's talking directly to you ("This shows that you" and "I'd also like to comment on your statement").

In the next three paragraphs, he's talking generally about groups of people ("And to the other fools who think mRNA is unsafe", "Oh and the people who claim they are dangerous", "This shows people their ignorance on this forum").

In the last sentence, he's saying "I'd say anti-vaxxers and coronahoax believers are as delusional as Flat Earthers.". He's not even calling anyone an anti-vaxxer, he's saying anti-vaxxers and hoax believers are delusional.

So don't make false statements like this. He never called you an anti-vaxxer, he debunked your arguments in the first two paragraphs and continued to make general statements afterward. Properly read someone's comment before you put words in their mouth.
why does he need to cry about my previous views though after i got the vaccine? lmao

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
why does he need to cry about my previous views though after i got the vaccine? lmao

You posted something on a public forum. He's fully entitled to give his opinion based on what he reads. Besides that, he's not crying. He's debunking false information. Stop taking things so personal and/or get offended by shit like this. There are other people reading these forums too, and debunking information never is a wrong thing. You can take the vaccine, but still post (or have posted) incorrect information, which might wrongly inform others reading it.

At this moment, you're the only one crying. @Macemore hit the nail on the head, I just tried adding some nuance to the story so all sides can understand each other, and we can move on.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I appreciate your replies Wess, I realize now that I probably misconstrued Blackburn's post in my own frustration. Which is funny, as I was pointing out his unnecessary venting of frustration toward Bran. With your insight I can see I too blew things out of proportion and read them how I felt like they would be read, not with what the author's intentions were. Would this count as ironic?

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
You posted something on a public forum. He's fully entitled to give his opinion based on what he reads. Besides that, he's not crying. He's debunking false information. Stop taking things so personal and/or get offended by shit like this. There are other people reading these forums too, and debunking information never is a wrong thing. You can take the vaccine, but still post (or have posted) incorrect information, which might wrongly inform others reading it.

At this moment, you're the only one crying. @Macemore hit the nail on the head, I just tried adding some nuance to the story so all sides can understand each other, and we can move on.
i mean i'm not really crying, i'm just saying why was he coming at me in an aggressive tone like that, not really any need for it

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
i mean i'm not really crying, i'm just saying why was he coming at me in an aggressive tone like that, not really any need for it
Honestly mate, you are. Read my first comment to Mace's post again. I tried explaining here why people can get a bit aggressive when it comes to topics like this. That was literally the point of the entire post I made there. Nobody is defending his tone, but it's important for both sides to have a broader understanding of how people tick. We're in this situation for 1.5 years. If you see misinformation being posted for 1.5 years, eventually, the patience runs dry. You're now trying to keep on pushing the discussion with remarks/questions that have already been answered or shed a light on.

I appreciate your replies Wess, I realize now that I probably misconstrued Blackburn's post in my own frustration. Which is funny, as I was pointing out his unnecessary venting of frustration toward Bran. With your insight I can see I too blew things out of proportion and read them how I felt like they would be read, not with what the author's intentions were. Would this count as ironic?

Thanks, man, glad to hear. It would probably very much count as ironic - but that's some fun we need to lighten up the discussion. One of the most important things to remember is that frustration is a human thing, especially considering how long we've been in this. Like I said to Bran, on all sides the patience is running dry, so the discussions are hardening up. It's a very bad thing, but also completely understandable.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Pfizer - sure
Moderna - no (1.5 billion in losses before Covid, now have a market cap of 140 billion lol. Conflict of interest with past board member not divesting. No proper peer review of ANY thing because they don't publish shit. Moderna is an investment firm really)

People saying you can still get it lack basic reasoning skills. You can get in a car accident regardless of how safe you are driving. Doesn't mean you don't buckle up.

Fauci is a moron, he has been a bio investor since Anthrax days ("bioterrorism" sure opens up a large amount of funds). There are far more knowledgable people on Covid but the media just loves this man who was the highest paid federal employee of 2019 (out of 4 million other US federal employees lol).

Blackburn

Apr 6, 2019
Thank you for clarifying @Weasel. The comment was not meant to attack anyone. It was more of a 'hard' statement how I think about anti-vaxxers and all that stuff. I was being objective but in the form of an opinion (if that makes sense?). I never intended using agressive context, but rather 'hard' facts.

And you're correct, I debunked the misinformation Bran gave (which doesn't mean I have something against him), and then went to more generally talk about how I feel anti-vaxxers are kind of ruining society. It was hot topic, which is why I added it.

I'm sorry I responded this late. Life got in the way but I just wanted to add this.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
i'm now fully vaccinated :)

image0.jpg

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I really hope the side effects aren't that bad for you. For me, they were almost nonexistent, but I hear mixed messages.
yeah me too, my sister had an aching body and sore arm after her 2nd last week, hopefully i just get a sore arm, i've heard mixed too, i'll update!!

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
My first shot of Pfizer gave me a sore arm, nothing on the second, glad to see people are finally getting their vaccines.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
This shows that you have no idea how diseases work. Cancer is a MUCH more complex variety of diseases. People these days have opinions on subjects they don't even understand. A.k.a. arrogance and ignorance.

I'd also like to comment on your statement saying things won't ever get back to normal: Likely false. We're learning to live with it, it doesn't mean the pandemic laws will stay. These laws are founded to buy us time to get this virus under control and create herd immunity.

And to the other fools who think mRNA is unsafe or whatever and the vaccine was rushed: mRNA is a safe method to make your body make antibodies itself, to create herd immunity. It's doing this by injecting harmless DNA of a virus, meaning the vaccine doesn't cause any harm.

Oh and the people who claim they are dangerous: you are much more likely to die from the effects of smoking, drinking, driving. I'm pretty sure most people in this comment section do or have done.

This shows people their ignorance on this forum. The whole point of getting vaccinated is herd immunity. Vaccines aren't perfect, but without them there would be a whole lot more of people getting infected and killed. It's like wearing a seatbelt. Anyone denying this is a science denier.

I'd say anti-vaxxers and coronahoax believers are as delusional as Flat Earthers.
#antivax and proud,
My original post still stands valid, nothing has changed with the science.
Being vaccinated just means your chances of dying when contacting the virus are slightly lowered. But you are still a walking contagion to everyone around you

And to the other fools who think mRNA is unsafe
The inventor of mRNA said himself that the spike protein can be cytotoxic. So yes, it is unsafe for various types of people

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
#antivax and proud,
My original post still stands valid, nothing has changed with the science.
Being vaccinated just means your chances of dying when contacting the virus are slightly lowered. But you are still a walking contagion to everyone around you

The inventor of mRNA said himself that the spike protein can be cytotoxic. So yes, it is unsafe for various types of people
Lower chance of catching the virus ✅
Lower chance of death if you do catch the virus ✅
Lower chance to pass the virus on, killing people that are ill ✅

Seems like a no brainer to me, no?

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
Lower chance of catching the virus ✅
Lower chance to pass the virus on, killing people that are ill ✅

Seems like a no brainer to me, no?

That's all it does.
Chances of catching and passing remain the same, that's why we're back to reapplied mask mandates.

If you fall into that group of people that are sensitive to the spike protein, as mentioned by mRNA inventor Dr Robert Malone, the vaccine can ruin you worst than the virus.

And fk did you read the pdf I linked damnit, that's the most important part of my post.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
That's all it does.
Chances of catching and passing remain the same, that's why we're back to reapplied mask mandates.

If you fall into that group of people that are sensitive to the spike protein, as mentioned by mRNA inventor Dr Robert Malone, the vaccine can ruin you worst than the virus.

And fk did you read the pdf I linked damnit, that's the most important part of my post.
that's why YOUR COUNTRY** is back to mask mandates ;)

griimnak

Jul 20, 2013
that's why YOUR COUNTRY** is back to mask mandates ;)
Sure but ignoring countries and mandates, the WHO and CDC urges everyone regardless of where you live to continue wearing a mask and social distance EVEN IF vaccinated, for the reasons I referenced above in that post.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Sure but ignoring countries and mandates, the WHO and CDC urges everyone regardless of where you live to continue wearing a mask and social distance EVEN IF vaccinated, for the reasons I referenced above in that post.
yes but it's not mandatory in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread