Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
My dad's getting Biontech tomorrow, and my sister & my sister's husband got Biontech too. We all are going to get vaccinated. I don't believe in "fake vaccines" since there are medical publishings about those vaccines and i believe in science supremacy. No sciencist would ever fake something.

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
I'll be honest, personally, I don't want the vaccine.

I don't want it because I know little to nothing about it, I haven't done much research on it and I definitely feel I am not in the right place to find out as much as I'd like to about it.

Sure we know what has already been told to us by officials or whatever but to me, it seems to be a lot of word of mouth like with everything there will be different pieces of evidence, different reactions and different opinions.

I have friends who have received it and nothing happened, I have others who have reacted to it, and because of that I'm definitely sceptical.

To conclude what I'm saying I will only take the vaccine if it becomes that much of an obstacle to my current lifestyle and it hasn't so far, I have followed the rules and nothing has happened to me that has made me think "Yeah okay, I need to get it.", however, I can't speak for everyone else.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017

I don't want it because I know little to nothing about it, I haven't done much research on it and I definitely feel I am not in the right place to find out as much as I'd like to about it.

Sure we know what has already been told to us by officials or whatever but to me, it seems to be a lot of word of mouth like with everything there will be different pieces of evidence, different reactions and different opinions.

I have friends who have received it and nothing happened, I have others who have reacted to it, and because of that I'm definitely sceptical.

To conclude what I'm saying I will only take the vaccine if it becomes that much of an obstacle to my current lifestyle and it hasn't so far, I have followed the rules and nothing has happened to me that has made me think "Yeah okay, I need to get it.", however, I can't speak for everyone else.
i've had miss corona twice & i'm still not getting it, i can't afford to be off work for the 2/3 days of after effects of feeling like shit tbh

Gigas

Jan 8, 2012

Definitely get vaccinated if you like to travel. Airlines are requesting proof of vaccination to board their planes, some are requiring Covid testing; also, some countries are requiring the vaccine before you can enter.
i've had miss corona twice & i'm still not getting it, i can't afford to be off work for the 2/3 days of after effects of feeling like shit tbh
I had it and I was on a ventilator for 2 months, and it required emergency surgery to save my life. Side effects only last a day, most people do not feel anything after the vaccine.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Definitely get vaccinated if you like to travel. Airlines are requesting proof of vaccination to board their planes, some are requiring Covid testing; also, some countries are requiring the vaccine before you can enter.

I had it and I was on a ventilator for 2 months, and it required emergency surgery to save my life. Side effects only last a day, most people do not feel anything after the vaccine.
everybody's body is different, some people's body takes to it differently, a woman literally died in the UK after having it (below)

image0.jpg

so i'm personally not having it, i don't travel nor will i want to anytime soon so i don't mind that, like i said i had it twice and everybodies body gets coronavirus differently you personally went on a ventilator for 2 months where as i didn't i had every single symptom except the struggling to breathe, sorry that you where on a ventilator but i personally am not going to change my mind, them throwing together a vaccine that took what 8 months? bit suspicious if you ask me

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I don't personally see a point, yet*

1. It doesn't stop you from being contagious
2. The vaccine is rushed
3. Blood clotting is showing up prompting cdc to halt development on some (j&j), when earlier, people called it conspiracy
4. mRNA is still a new technology

Article:
Article:

Article:

"Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show the vaccines do help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated."

Based on this data from the cdc themselves, being vaccinated makes no difference if I can infect my grandparents or not, so

At the moment, this is my stance
I'm with you.

The only thing that makes me want to have it asap is the constant discussion in the UK about vaccine passports. I have a lot going on this year/next year and couldn't have something like a vaccine passport stopping me from going abroad or entering certain social environments for not having the vaccine.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I will not be getting. Chances getting Covid are like 99%.will survive. I’ve asthma the whack got bad medical history I’ve been doing everything have been doing before corona im still here

SageSaga

SageSaga#5065
Aug 30, 2020
I'm gonna fucking take it since Singapore's Authorities mentioned 13 hours ago that the virus has possibilities of being Airborne. I'm not risking it man.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
but how have they mysteriously made a vaccination in 6/8 months for a virus yet they can't find a cure for cancer, bit sus if you ask me wessel

Not really. Most of it is based on either already existing vaccines, or already well-tested techniques. The 8-month myth is based on false information. The vaccine development is almost exactly the same as it always has been. The big difference is, there has been no need for lobbying for money and all that stuff. Vaccine development is nothing new.

The cancer comparison doesn't match here. As with vaccines, cancer also comes in different forms. Besides chemo and some experimental stuff, there never has been a cure for any kind of cancer. There have been cures for other strains of viruses.

So no, not really sus at all.

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
ive had both and been stabbed in the arm, first night side effects suck which are flu like symptoms but overall its good.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Not really. Most of it is based on either already existing vaccines, or already well-tested techniques. The 8-month myth is based on false information. The vaccine development is almost exactly the same as it always has been. The big difference is, there has been no need for lobbying for money and all that stuff. Vaccine development is nothing new.

The cancer comparison doesn't match here. As with vaccines, cancer also comes in different forms. Besides chemo and some experimental stuff, there never has been a cure for any kind of cancer. There have been cures for other strains of viruses.

So no, not really sus at all.
that's your opinion :) coronavirus existed for literally 8 months until they where speaking about a vaccination, it all happened very quickly which is weird to me, when certain things can't be cured they made a vaccination in the click of a finger for a virus that's literally the flu lmao

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
that's your opinion :) coronavirus existed for literally 8 months until they where speaking about a vaccination, it all happened very quickly which is weird to me, when certain things can't be cured they made a vaccination in the click of a finger for a virus that's literally the flu lmao

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Had my first shot of Moderna a couple days ago. In Canada we have to wait 4 months in-between doses so I'll be expecting my next shot in September.
Also, to reply to some comments in this thread Coronaviruses are not a new thing, there are seven different coronaviruses that infect humans, though not to the extent of COVID-19 (obviously). So this isn't just a new thing we've never seen before as they've been studied for a long time.

Think about all the vaccines you've gotten in your life time.. Why would this one be any different? I'm sure when you were younger and got your shots you thought nothing of it and nothing bad happened to you then.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I got the Pfizer shots in March/April. First shot just gave me an incredibly sore arm. The second shot gave me a bad headache and a little nausea, but nothing extreme. Got my whole family vaccinated as well, so we’re all clear. Dad has diabetes so was mostly worried about him since he’s in a higher risk category.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I havnt caught COVID. It’s a 99% survival rate. Why get it if I don’t need it. You can still catch it when you’ve had it too ha. Been doing everything have done since it came out so don’t see the point.

Users who are viewing this thread