COVID-19 Booster Jab

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
how does everybody feel about the covid vaccine booster jab?

are you getting it or not? i'm quite undecided but i'm leaning towards no

Zombie

Absolute Legend
Jul 4, 2017
Dont believe in it personally. No vaccination for cancer and stuff but a vaccination for covid???? make absolute no sense and the UK government are shambles to say the least!

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Dont believe in it personally. No vaccination for cancer and stuff but a vaccination for covid???? make absolute no sense and the UK government are shambles to say the least!
why would there be a vaccination for cancer, don't you mean a cure lol, because cancer is a disease, covid is an illness🤦🏼‍♂️

Diddy

Aug 14, 2011
I've had all 3 jabs. I felt it has far more pros than cons. Working in the NHS I have seen the effects of COVID throughout in the patients I attend. I can honestly say the most ill patients have been the people who have no had jabs.

Personally I think its a no-brainer to get it

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I've had all 3 jabs. I felt it has far more pros than cons. Working in the NHS I have seen the effects of COVID throughout in the patients I attend. I can honestly say the most ill patients have been the people who have no had jabs.

Personally I think its a no-brainer to get it
personally i've had 2 jabs and not having the booster but that's just me tbh

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I might do, if it’s optional? I’ve had my 2 main ones but only because we were threatened in the UK of not being allowed in clubs and stuff if we didn’t have it. Now I feel like I’ve been conned, which is no surprise really by this corrupt, thieving, spineless gang of cunts running the country. Tory fucks.

Although saying that, I have a mate who works in the NHS and he said a guy came in ill from COVID and had refused the vaccine each time he was offered it, and then he took a turn for the worst and was begging the doctors and nurses to give him the vaccine there and then as he was panting for breath. I’m sure he said that the guy died shortly after.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
I might do, if it’s optional? I’ve had my 2 main ones but only because we were threatened in the UK of not being allowed in clubs and stuff if we didn’t have it. Now I feel like I’ve been conned, which is no surprise really by this corrupt, thieving, spineless gang of cunts running the country. Tory fucks.

Although saying that, I have a mate who works in the NHS and he said a guy came in ill from COVID and had refused the vaccine each time he was offered it, and then he took a turn for the worst and was begging the doctors and nurses to give him the vaccine there and then as he was panting for breath. I’m sure he said that the guy died shortly after.
yeah someones partner was on This Morning who believed misinformation about covid and ended up getting it & dying from it😂 him literally saying "iTs nOtHiNg tO bE aFrAiD oF" no sympathy atall for people like that🤷🏼‍♂️

cc:

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Don't really understand all this hesitancy and misinformation flying around tbqh. We have seen first hand the devastating effects of this virus, not only in terms of those who tragically die but also the economic and mental health impacts of locking down.

Vaccines have literally been around for more than 200 years. They're not a new thing. The covid vaccines have been through really rigorous trials and approved for use by different regulators around the world. You are much safer vaccinated than unvaccinated so just stop this tripe pls.

With regards to cancer and other diseases, the advancements made in vaccinology throughout the pandemic are such that they think they can start developing inoculations from these types of conditions in the not too far future. It is incredible what we can achieve in such a short time when you put all the money and scientists in the world into a task. If only we took climate change seriously, but that's another issue.

Get your vaccine when you're offered it, and then get on with your life.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Don't really understand all this hesitancy and misinformation flying around tbqh. We have seen first hand the devastating effects of this virus, not only in terms of those who tragically die but also the economic and mental health impacts of locking down.

Vaccines have literally been around for more than 200 years. They're not a new thing. The covid vaccines have been through really rigorous trials and approved for use by different regulators around the world. You are much safer vaccinated than unvaccinated so just stop this tripe pls.

With regards to cancer and other diseases, the advancements made in vaccinology throughout the pandemic are such that they think they can start developing inoculations from these types of conditions in the not too far future. It is incredible what we can achieve in such a short time when you put all the money and scientists in the world into a task. If only we took climate change seriously, but that's another issue.

Get your vaccine when you're offered it, and then get on with your life.
i agree, but not everybody does agree about the covid vaccine, i think people are so turned off because it took them 9 months to forumlate and push out a vaccine

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
i agree, but not everybody does agree about the covid vaccine, i think people are so turned off because it took them 9 months to forumlate and push out a vaccine
Understandable but the covid vaccine has been through all the usual steps so is just as safe as other vaccines. It’s just been quicker because the vaccines use technology developed for SARS a few years ago and they had a huge amount of funding and could run some of the trials simultaneously.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
Understandable but the covid vaccine has been through all the usual steps so is just as safe as other vaccines. It’s just been quicker because the vaccines use technology developed for SARS a few years ago and they had a huge amount of funding and could run some of the trials simultaneously.
tell millions that won't have it🤷🏼‍♂️

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
People just need to read the facts rather than following some vague opinion they’ve read on Twitter/Facebook. That’s half the problem.

Morohara

May 18, 2020
The Covid vaccine never went through the same trials as other vaccines. Source; on average it takes anywhere from 2-15 years. Comparing cancer to covid is just mind-blowing. Cancer is a mutation in your cells which your body (when a certain type of cell mutates) cant detect which is why your body can't fight it. (Also scientists have also stated not all cancers will be curable.) The UK can't enforce people to get the vaccine. Source;

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
The Covid vaccine never went through the same trials as other vaccines. Source; on average it takes anywhere from 2-15 years. Comparing cancer to covid is just mind-blowing. Cancer is a mutation in your cells which your body (when a certain type of cell mutates) cant detect which is why your body can't fight it. (Also scientists have also stated not all cancers will be curable.) The UK can't enforce people to get the vaccine. Source;

The clinical development of the vaccines is largely the same - just run concurrently in collaboration with scientists around the world. As I said, much of the technology used for the covid-19 'plug and play' vaccines were already in existence and being developed prior to the pandemic which is why a lot of the pre-clinical steps could be skipped. All they needed to do was plug in the genetic sequence of the coronavirus.

Cancer is clearly a different type of disease but the principles of training the immune system to attack certain agents with vaccination can be similarly applied. You are just training the immune system to spot cancerous growth rather than coronaviruses. The messenger RNA vaccines are an exciting possibility for this.

This is not about the UK forcing people to get the vaccine - clearly, that is a breach of human rights. However, people shouldn't be turning down the vaccines based on lies and information spread online. I stick with the science and the science says that it's better to have a vaccine than to get covid or even worse, long-covid.

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
Lol you can't compare Covid to Cancer, Covid is just like the seasonal flu a bit more deadly that's all cancer is not contagious it's not an infection it's a disease

Users who are viewing this thread