Connection problem [Kepler Server [v14]

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
Hey,

It's me again, another problem with Kepler :/ When i try to register me. I just can change my wear and choose my nickname before instantly disconnection:

You must be registered for see images attach

When i click on "Next" :

You must be registered for see images attach

I still don't know what to think about it.
If you have some suggestions...

loader OK
ports open OK
serv conf OK
db (user table ?) ??
SSO ticket ?

If you need more infos, ask me

Thanks for reply and your help.

Last edited:

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
When you press next it validates if the name is valid by querying the database, this is the first query it performs when you do the steps to register.

Be sure that you're using MariaDB and that there's no exceptions or errors that appear in error.log file.

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
Hey,
Nothing in error log file, when i try to simply connect with fake user login also disconnected (no message "incorrect login")

I use mariadb (from your release thread) with utf8. I ve try to upload my db with navicat & sql heist but without succes

Thanks again

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I had a friend with this problem the moment it does an SQL query but I never figured it out because I could never reproduce it on my own machines.

I don't know what to do :(

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Hey,
Nothing in error log file, when i try to simply connect with fake user login also disconnected (no message "incorrect login")

I use mariadb (from your release thread) with utf8. I have tried to upload the kepler database with navicat & sql heist but without success

Thanks again
Do you get any kind of mysql errors when you try to upload the database? I have MariaDB installed on Windows Server 2016 and i was able to import the database successfully, with a default MariaDB insatllation

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
do you have discord?

Nope, sorry. Not enough securely for me lol; I do not appreciate your approach ^^

What operating system are you using?

I use Windows Server 2016 with last version of mariaDB (default install)

No error when I import my db with navicat (100 successfuly query, no error; same thing with HeistSQL. I've already tried this two possibility :/ (33 tables)

Also I don't use SSO ticket system as you see.

Thanks for help & questions. If I can help you to solve my prob...

I see that tonight, I stay tuned

Do you get any kind of mysql errors when you try to upload the database? I have MariaDB installed on Windows Server 2016 and i was able to import the database successfully, with a default MariaDB insatllation

Sorry, double post. No upload errors... I really hope to enter in the hotel one day.

Last edited:

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
Same prob with localhost... Doesn't work :(Always blocked on "APPROVENAME" or "TRY LOGIN".

Important detail: I use compiled version because I don't know how compile it with Eclipse. Maybe need to edit files in the source ?

I've test all compiled versions from github. You don't have used db or 'old' project version to propose me ? I think that this is a shame, very it's a beast release, It was magic moment,

I grew up with this version aha, not easy to find an dream emulator as this... I'm starting to resign myself. Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Same prob with localhost... Doesn't work :(Always blocked on "APPROVENAME" or "TRY LOGIN".

Important detail: I use compiled version because I don't know how compile it with Eclipse. Maybe need to edit files in the source ?

I've test all compiled versions from github. You don't have used db or 'old' project version to propose me ? I think that this is a shame, very it's a beast release, It was magic moment,

I grew up with this version aha, not easy to find an dream emulator as this... I'm starting to resign myself. Thanks anyway
Make sure you make the server listen on localhost too.

The compiled version shouldn't be an issue, as I use it on my dedicated server.

I just fixed a small bug and updated the libraries to see if there's a bug with one of them, please try this:

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
Hey,

Server & loader are in localhost but nothing to do :/

I've tested for 1.15 version, I always can't logged in :( Do you want access in my vps? If you've the time of course... If frustrates me x)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
It's obviously to do with the database server then if it fails on those two packets, because both of them query the server.

The only reason I can see why the connection is being killed is if an error is raised but for some reason it's not logging a message, so I made some changes to ConnectionHandler.java.

Try this:

Cheeky68

Jan 2, 2018
Now, error log:

2018-12-09T17:05:18.999 ERROR [ErrorLogger] - Netty error occurred:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\nativeutils240236676437600\libsodium.dll': Native library (win32-x86-64/C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\nativeutils240236676437600\libsodium.dll) not found in resource path (kepler.jar)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:303)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:427)
at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1647)
at com.goterl.lazycode.lazysodium.utils.NativeUtils.loadLibraryFromJar(NativeUtils.java:104)
at com.goterl.lazycode.lazysodium.SodiumJava.registerFromResources(SodiumJava.java:156)
at com.goterl.lazycode.lazysodium.SodiumJava.<init>(SodiumJava.java:21)
at org.alexdev.kepler.dao.mysql.PlayerDao.<clinit>(PlayerDao.java:23)
at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.register.APPROVENAME.getNameCheckCode(APPROVENAME.java:26)
at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.incoming.register.APPROVENAME.handle(APPROVENAME.java:18)
at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.invoke(MessageHandler.java:415)
at org.alexdev.kepler.messages.MessageHandler.handleRequest(MessageHandler.java:402)
at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:99)
at org.alexdev.kepler.server.netty.connections.ConnectionHandler.channelRead0(ConnectionHandler.java:20)
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1414)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:945)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:146)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:645)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysPlain(NioEventLoop.java:545)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:499)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:459)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:886)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Missing files I understand

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Okay, libsodium.dll is a C++ library for password hashing and it seems like your operating system is out of date or doesn't have the right libraries.

Can you install this and then run the server:

And if that doesn't work, check for Windows updates.

Users who are viewing this thread