1. Tired of not being able to see links? Want to chat with other members? Need help?

2. Community Awards!
    Have you voted yet? Take part in DevBest's yearly community awards! Click here to find out more.

Computer heat up

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Lethargic, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Lethargic

Lethargic Donator

My computer keeps heating up and shutting down every time it gets heated. What's the problem?

Tecko and Ka3 like this.
  2. nakkeost

nakkeost github.com/marcus-sa

Best Answer
    Laptop or desktop?
    Most likely dust that prevents your fans from working correctly.
    But yes, for securities sake your PC will shut down if it gets too overheated

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Lethargic likes this.
  3. Lethargic

Lethargic Donator

Ok thanks :)

Tecko and Ka3 like this.
  4. Yoshi

Yoshi Member

My computer started being loud recently. Took it to my local computer shop today they used a air compressor didn't charge me now its seems alot faster and doesn't even sound like its switched on

5. Lethargic

Lethargic Donator

Ohh ok I will do so

6. Gang67

Gang67 |Jump out gang, we jump out those vehicles|

If you take it to a shop check their reviews first, most shops like phone repairs just fuck up your device

Yoshi likes this.
  7. Lethargic

Lethargic Donator

Ok :)

Gang67 likes this.
  8. Yoshi

Yoshi Member

I've got this problem near me, took my ipad for a screen repair the glass was literally covering the camera and he tried to say my camera was fucked? lol they're so stupid some of them

Gang67 and Lethargic like this.
  9. Mikee

Mikee Festive Donator

Have a GTX 1080 and it ran with a 550w psu. As a result of not enough power, the fans would spin on the video card really fast for 3-4 seconds and then shutdown for securities sake like @Sentinel said. This happened on multiple occasions. I then bought a 750w and never had the issue again.

10. Lethargic

Lethargic Donator

How much is that worth around though I am thinking money wise also.

11. Mikee

Mikee Festive Donator

Depends on where u live. In Canada I paid like $150. If this is a machine u care about, then money is worth it, otherwise in the long run it'll hurt your components. Just google around local stores or online like amazon.

12. griimnak

griimnak You're a slave to the money then you die

Take it apart and clean dust from the fan/sink and re-paste the thermal paste if you have any laying around