Coming Back, Help...

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
It has been years since I've done anything retro related. Probably like 4-5 years, Not sure whats the norm nowadays.
I don't exactly need physical help, im fully capable on handling myself and setting things up to open a hotel. I just need a helping hand, some points in the right direction.
Is there a tutorial for retro setup? I just need a refresher.
What Emulator is best to use currently? Are they all open source? Are any paid for subscription? I saw 1 on RZ and plus emu on here...
What is an honest and already well built CMS/hk that is around & I can use.
I'm not looking to pay anyone for help. But by paying can i recieve a better CMS/hk/emu?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Use Sledmore's PlusEMU, DB and SWF's. You can use RevCMS although people say it's crap here - probably the most used CMS, easy to use, fast, secure. Just remember to apply the patches from the original release.

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
Use Sledmore's PlusEMU, DB and SWF's. You can use RevCMS although people say it's crap here - probably the most used CMS, easy to use, fast, secure. Just remember to apply the patches from the original release.
It's not secure, it's deprecated.

Central

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Feb 22, 2015
if you're wanting to use plusemu then there's a link you can download from.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
Where can I seek the patches as well as RevCms,
if you're wanting to use plusemu then there's a link you can download from.
Appreciate the link, thank you

I don't want to get too little bandwidth, what should be my minimum?

Central

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Feb 22, 2015
Patches he meant in emulator and how there was a SSO exploit but if you get the stuff from the link I sent you wouldn't need it as it already is fixed along with more features added

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
Does anyone have a good tutorial on setting up server for retro Use, I thought I had remembered correctly, whilst in the process everything sort of flashbacked for me. I setup mysql, all my tools/programs, iis/ and roles. I setup cms database, just getting 404d.

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
Does anyone have a good tutorial on setting up server for retro Use, I thought I had remembered correctly, whilst in the process everything sort of flashbacked for me. I setup mysql, all my tools/programs, iis/ and roles. I setup cms database, just getting 404d.

import .htaccess into url rewrite tool? :p

Xuxu

Nov 21, 2016
I had web.configs already? Regardless had to rebuild server because who knows accessed it added accounts & my host didn't have new password.

thats strange because 404 is usually a rules issue. even if u have web.config already by reimporting .htaccess it usually works. well atleast for me it does just try :p

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
thats strange because 404 is usually a rules issue. even if u have web.config already by reimporting .htaccess it usually works. well atleast for me it does just try :p
Will do setting up my db now

Just did everything my service: aspnet_state is saying disabled and it wont start.

Got that sorted although Cannot find URL rewrite in my features, but along with that I found this error in my WPI
Appreciate the help/support so far, thank you

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
I don't even know where to start with this. First off, it would error 500 if the issue was due to his rules. Second off what would a 404 file not found have to do with anything? No need to point him to useless directions that have nothing to do with the error he's experiencing.

Got that sorted although Cannot find URL rewrite in my features, but along with that I found this error in my WPI
Could you pastebin your error log for the WPI?

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
I don't even know where to start with this. First off, it would error 500 if the issue was due to his rules. Second off what would a 404 file not found have to do with anything? No need to point him to useless directions that have nothing to do with the error he's experiencing.

Could you pastebin your error log for the WPI?
Everything for php 5.6.x installed except the mircrosoft drivers for php xx..xx...

Heres the pastebin, thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread