CokeStudios /Remake

KingMustang

Jul 3, 2015
Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you a new CokeStudios re-make. The website is

A long time ago, Coca-Cola was working with Sulake and they made CokeMusic/CokeStudios/MyCoke and then everything fell apart at VMK.
So, Anton, Amy and a few other developers have been working on this project for many years and now everything is stable.

Come check out Cavejam, where you can create your own rooms, do mining to get rares and more decibels, play music and more!
OLD SCHOOL Cokestudios players this is for you, please come back on and let's re-create memories!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• caveeeejam.png
    caveeeejam.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Captain_Spork

Jan 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

I've been playing Cavejam for a while now and I think it's a pretty cool game.

Wrote a review about it a couple of months ago for anyone who's interested:

The review is a bit outdated already as the developer Anton keeps adding in new stuff which is great of course :).

One thing that would really make this game more awesome is a larger playerbase. Currently between 5 - 10 players a day login which isn't a lot. Then again most of them are nice and helpful so that's a big plus! I definitely think this game deserves more players :).

Hope to see you around in Cavejam some day.

Cheers!

Captain_Spork

Jan 5, 2021
I tried to get on multiple times but it doesn’t work.
Hi Maatt,

When you say it doesn't work what exactly do you mean? Do you mean you can't register? Do you mean the game doesn't load? Or is there something else going wrong?

I've been able to play perfectly fine in both Firefox and Chrome. Not sure what browser you are using?

The game is currently only playable on a PC. Even though the game loads on a cellphone, most functions don't work. This may change in the future though but at this moment, Anton the developer, has no concrete plans to support mobile browsers.

Please give it another shot and let me know the outcome (a screenshot would help). If something is indeed going wrong I can contact Anton and he might be able to fix it :).

Thanks!

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
I have a Mac so maybe that’s why it’s not working. Everything works until I try to load up the client.

do I need shockwave or something?

Captain_Spork

Jan 5, 2021
I have a Mac so maybe that’s why it’s not working. Everything works until I try to load up the client.

do I need shockwave or something?

Hi Maatt,

No it's HTML5 and Javascript. No need for any browser extensions like Shockwave.

I know it works on the Mac as I've met players before that played the game on the Mac. Only problem they had was with right clicking. They eventually managed to resolve that as it is possible to 'emulate' a right click on the Mac.

Do you use Safari as a browser? If so could you try to install Chrome to see if that works for you?

Thanks!

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Hi Maatt,

No it's HTML5 and Javascript. No need for any browser extensions like Shockwave.

I know it works on the Mac as I've met players before that played the game on the Mac. Only problem they had was with right clicking. They eventually managed to resolve that as it is possible to 'emulate' a right click on the Mac.

Do you use Safari as a browser? If so could you try to install Chrome to see if that works for you?

Thanks!
I use chrome, I’ll give it another try later and let you know.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Big nostalgia, looks really good keep it up

Though the interface is so beyond old I personally don't think I could get back into anything like that lol, wish the website itself at least looked better/modern

Captain_Spork

Jan 5, 2021
Big nostalgia, looks really good keep it up

Though the interface is so beyond old I personally don't think I could get back into anything like that lol, wish the website itself at least looked better/modern
The website was setup more from a functional perspective so for this reason it looks crappy :p. Anton has plans getting rid of the website and have the information available from the game itself by interacting with furni/items. This means new users won't have to register but instead arrive as a guest with an ingame option to register. Might take some time before this is implemented so for the time being I guess this is how it is.

As for the game interface/ look'n feel. I think it works and looks ok. There is definitely room for improvement though so any input on that is always welcome :).

Bring back the sumo wrestling game! Rice dividers, tatami mats and gongs!
Ha who knows Anton brings back the sumo game one day. He is still actively developing so it's definitely a possibility. Don't think it's gonna be implemented anytime soon though as he is currently working on other stuff.

Rice dividers, tatami mats and gongs can currently be obtained from large chests. By mining ore, reaching achievements like for instance mine 500 aluminum or 100 gold, you get a large chest. All three items have roughly the same chance of being pulled from a large chest which is somewhere around 2.4%. Also these items are sometimes available as daily reward (daily rewards are randomized).
Post automatically merged:

Hey everyone,
A lot has happened on Cavejam the last months. Thought I'd update you.
One of the major additions that was implemented is the OG Cokemusic mixer. It is now possible to create your own mixes (like in the old days with the original sounds), burn to CD, and play for other players who can then upvote/downvote. Weekly and monthly winners (most upvotes) get a gold or platinum record. Pretty much how it worked in the old days.

Another major addition is the marketplace. It's possible as a player to sell your furniture/items on the marketplace. Ingame floortiles can be put down with 0.50, 0.75, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 dollar. Putting an item on the floortile will put the item on the market. Other players can then buy this item from the marketplace. The currency used on the marketplace is Dogecoin (a crypto currency). Dogecoin can be deposited to the game and can also be withdrawn from the game. By playing the game you can actually make money by selling the items you gain through mining (i.e. gaining chests).
The game is free to play and remains to be so. However, players who don't really like to mine but want to build stuff can do so by buying the items from the marketplace. Players who rather mine can make a few bucks by selling their items (they don't want/need) on the marketplace. So the marketplace is by players/for players but for each transaction a fee is payed which goes to the developer to help keep the game alive (which imo is only fair).
I think this marketplace concept is pretty cool and adds a whole new meaning to crypto 'mining'.

Lot's of other small features have been added but I guess it's too much to list here.

Hope to see you around in Cavejam some day.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread