Clothing loading speeds

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
Hello,

I have a lot of custom clothing items on my hotel and it's great but they take about 743 years to load. I've tried reconfiguring my webserver and I've also tried compressing the SWFS but it doesn't seem to do much. I could add them to the catalogue but the amount of work involved means it's not worth it for me - i'd rather spend the time making other things for the hotel.

Anyone got any ideas, many thx.

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
Where is your server hosted and where is your ISP located? You might also want to have a look at your server's transfer speed + bandwidth.

Seriously though, how long are we talking?

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Hello,

I have a lot of custom clothing items on my hotel and it's great but they take about 743 years to load. I've tried reconfiguring my webserver and I've also tried compressing the SWFS but it doesn't seem to do much. I could add them to the catalogue but the amount of work involved means it's not worth it for me - i'd rather spend the time making other things for the hotel.

Anyone got any ideas, many thx.

Pretty sure Habbo uses XML for most things which is slow as hell. You might want to consider using JSON instead.
It might also vary which Web Server you are using. Best to use NGINX.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
CF is the CDN but removing this is not an option because of the unacceptable security threat to the integrity of our services that this would present.
We use IIS atm for le web server ill give the old nginx a try I guess.

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
CF is the CDN but removing this is not an option because of the unacceptable security threat to the integrity of our services that this would present.
We use IIS atm for le web server ill give the old nginx a try I guess.
LEMP stack is the best, Linux with NGINX, MySQL, and PHP. IIS is highly customizable and you have to tweak a lot of configuration to find out what's going on.

Check your network tab, sometimes file times will actually be fast but they also have a lock time among other things they have to do before being ready for use. Pay attention to things like is it slow only on the first load? If not then its probably a deeper issue if the cache is slow too. Cloudflare might have some analytics you can lookup on your dashboard, and possibly some settings to speed up.

I'm guessing you're on Windows so:

Last edited:

HazedCS

Apr 12, 2018
I have the same issue on habbo.st, but nothing helps.
My assets are hosted on a Linux (Ubuntu) with nginx.

Just wait for 2021.. the issue should be fixed then.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
LEMP stack is the best, Linux with NGINX, MySQL, and PHP. IIS is highly customizable and you have to tweak a lot of configuration to find out what's going on.

Check your network tab, sometimes file times will actually be fast but they also have a lock time among other things they have to do before being ready for use. Pay attention to things like is it slow only on the first load? If not then its probably a deeper issue if the cache is slow too. Cloudflare might have some analytics you can lookup on your dashboard, and possibly some settings to speed up.

I'm guessing you're on Windows so:

PHP FPM might come in handy for somewhat performance and high loads of data. I don't think the speed will change to supersonic just by Network & Web Server changes. Core things should be changed like how they are loaded in, handled etc...

Might make little impact on the loading times if you do changes within your web server
Post automatically merged:

I have the same issue on habbo.st, but nothing helps.
My assets are hosted on a Linux (Ubuntu) with nginx.

Just wait for 2021.. the issue should be fixed then.
Why?

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
im confused by this... i DON'T THINK WE USE PHP TO LOAD SWF FILES

indeed.. we host these on a separate application pool from the main website

kailani

Sep 26, 2020
im confused by this... i DON'T THINK WE USE PHP TO LOAD SWF FILES

indeed.. we host these on a separate application pool from the main website
PHP has nothing to do with it (I doubt). First you need to understand if its your server that is bottlenecking, or the client's internet speed. I'm guessing you've eliminated the client's internet speed so focus on the server. It's probably your transfer speeds, you can confirm this by debugging through the network tab in your browser and/or benchmarking your speeds against the server after changes.

I don't think anyone can give you a solid answer without all of the details.

Pretty sure Habbo uses XML for most things which is slow as hell. You might want to consider using JSON instead.
It might also vary which Web Server you are using. Best to use NGINX.
Stop spreading your bad advice. XML actually outperforms JSON in many areas, and vice versa. There isn't much difference between the two and this is nothing to do with the OP's question.

Last edited:

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
PHP has nothing to do with it (I doubt). First you need to understand if its your server that is bottlenecking, or the client's internet speed. I'm guessing you've eliminated the client's internet speed so focus on the server. It's probably your transfer speeds, you can confirm this by debugging through the network tab in your browser and/or benchmarking your speeds against the server after changes.

Stop spreading your bad advice. XML actually outperforms JSON in many areas, and vice versa. There isn't much difference between the two and this is nothing to do with the OP's question.

THIS MAKES MORE SENSE thank u

Parsov

May 18, 2016

I mentioned PHP FPM for the performance of their website as the user mentioned that removing CF was not an option (probably because of the amount of attacks) and using PHP FPM and having a few web server configurations it might just do the job.

From my own experience loading up JSON data is way quicker than XML. Also noticed that larger & complex XML files tend to use up more memory. When you say outperforms you might mean capabilities I might agree but we're talking about loading the data.

I've used both for Habbo and JSON loads quicker than XML.

Users who are viewing this thread