Client not working after trying to port forward

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
I just followed an old tutorial on portforwarding; I went ahead and tried it anyway because I don't know how to properly port forward. It did not work and I changed all necessary files. Please review my config file and if you need anything else please let me know!
bLXuWEl.png

r63b
plusemu, stuck at 76% loading

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
are you using 127.0.0.1 as the ip? change it to your proper IP
Thank you for your reply. I am not using 127.0.0.1 anymore since I am using No-IP. I know I keep the hostname as localhost, but for game.tcp.bindip and rcon.tcp.bindip as well as rcon.tcp.allowedaddr. I am not sure if I use the public IP for these or local ip (127.0.0.1), or even localhost. Really the main problem is I am not sure which lines to change in this emu config file to make the client work again.

Here is my config for management, you can see that I changed the server_ip to my current IP of the host:
2R8Mlw1.png

also edited in swf folder, gamedata's external variables to the new url.

Here is my updated emu config file, changing it as you suggested to the proper IP... but I am not sure if the IP is in the correct places.

cCT9OQj.png

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
Was the client working before you done the port forward?
Press f12 when loading client and check if there is any errors
Yes, it was working perfectly fine before. It doesnt look like it is reporting any errors. I must be configuring the EMU config file totally wrong.
NiCTPYy.png

Object

?
Nov 10, 2017
I made exceptions in the firewall but I did not completely disable it.
rqmtWQP.png
I'm not very familiar with portforwarding, but allow port 30k and 30001 in the firewall aswell (as tcp)
Also why do you have 3 x of each rule & in your portward image we're able to see your ip (in the table)

Last edited:

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not very familiar with portforwarding, but allow port 30k and 30001 in the firewall aswell (as tcp)
Also why do you have 3 x of each rule & in your portward image we're able to see your ip (in the table)
Yeah I've allowed those ports. As far as I am aware, I have only shown internal IP addresses.

BizarreDio

Mar 17, 2018
Has a solution been found for this yet? I tried to portforward my retro and the client gets stuck on 76% and when I shutdown my emulator, my client doesn't redirect me to a disconnect page.

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not sure, but i think you have setup your 30k port wrong. The external port and the Internal port aren't the same.. Try changing the internal port to 30k..
Everything is configured per the video I watched. This looked right to me. If anyone can offer remote assistance, I'd love the help.

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
Everything is configured per the video I watched. This looked right to me. If anyone can offer remote assistance, I'd love the help.

Have you ensured the connection info in your client.php matches the connection info in your emu?

E.g. Change this to your IP

Code:
"connection.info.host" : "127.0.0.1",

And all the swfs have the correct links including in external/override variables?

Azia

Aug 7, 2012
I didn't want to make a new thread when I am still having this issue, sorry for the late reply...I've been rather busy. facepalm.jpg

Update, I am following this tutorial and now using BrainCMS.

Long story short, the client won't load after hooking a link to replace the IP address. It is stuck at 76 as something is incorrectly configured. The ports are opened both in the firewall and the router. I am running this on XAMPP for a private server for myself. I have been looking around for solutions but clearly haven't found a reasonable answer that leads me to my problem, but I could just be stupid.

The client was working when it was all set to localhost, but after changing that it does not work anymore. And in my pastebins my hotel link is censored so no one can goto the domain :)

Here are my config files:

BrainCMS config:

config.ini in PlusEMU:

external_variables:

external_override_variables:

I haven't configured anything in XAMPP besides the password, so there is that too.

Users who are viewing this thread