Classic Habbo - v31 - 2009 - Economy - Games - Groups - Guides & more features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010

Classic Habbo is a remake of Habbo Hotel from when it was like in 2009, which at the time of writing was a decade ago. It is a remake down the website, the dual beta/shockwave client, the furniture and the collectable system. Here, you can explore what it was like to feed the nostalgia that you had from playing Habbo as a kid. Almost every feature of 2009 Habbo is pack (excluding as of right now, SnowStorm, Poker, and some other small things).

The development of Classic Habbo started in early January 2018 (which as the time of writing is almost 2 years ago), it was the Kepler emulator which was designed to power Habbo v14/2007 and then in October 2018 a fork of Kepler was made to emulate Habbo Hotel 2009/version 31. Since then, many features have been implemented through hours upon hours of research to get official Habbo behaviour (in most things).

As of this post, 6200+ users have registered since October 2018, when it first opened during its alpha phase.

Server Location

Buffalo, New York.

Language

The hotel is international and any language is allowed, but all official news by staff and all communication by staff and the website itself is in English.

Current Staff

- Alex (me)
- Toya (community manager/moderator)

Will probably get more staff in future but as of right now I am not hiring.

Features

- Dual Shockwave/beta client (running beta version v38, in conjunction with Shockwave v31)
- Joystick (BattleBall only for now)
- BattleBall
- BattleBall Hall of Fame
- Groups
- Habbo Club
- Habbo Club presents
- Infobus
- Lido diving
- Wobble Squabble
- Effects
- Totem with 4 different states
- Ecotron
- Respecting
- Trade
- Jukebox
- Trax
- Pixel rentals
- Tutorial
- Guides
- ALL achievements
- Messenger
- American Idol voting
- Pets (still need eating, playing and sleeping done for pets)
- Events
- Camera

(and probably some other features I've missed)

Here you can see an example of the dual beta/Shockwave client in action:

Shockwave:
LQtPObt.png

Flash:
JHGcx0n.png

(CMS features)

- Newbie gifts
- Referrals
- Groups
- Homes
- Group discussion
- Show collectables and purchase next collectable from site
- All group widgets
- All home widgets

Installing Shockwave troubles?

Please follow the guide here:

There is also a downloadable .exe that runs the v31 Habbo client (works with WINE) which appears in the sidebar once registered.

Images

Cr7qDj2.png

LbvlV1D.png

EVRonwR.png

sztDF85.png

YumqnK3.png

Last edited:

Dome

Jul 11, 2014
Probably the best old school retro I've ever seen. The downloadable client performs exactly like the web client and that's something I didn't expect to see anymore.

Y'all always talk about the old habbo times. Now is your chance to join a perfectly coded hotel, that's not some holograph edit. :cool:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Don't often get to say this anymore, but this is genuinely amazing. The sheer level of detail is amazing, it's exactly how I remember it - both web & client.

Just been on for about 2 hours - I don't even spend more than 2 hours on Boon in a week these days. It was very enjoyable, played both Shockwave & Flash, played a couple of games of Battle Ball and then visited the Lido, super fun!

Think while I was on you reached a peak of 47 users, so it was fun to experience the past with a bunch of users also mad excited. Kudos to you Alex, it's a work of art!

Linkestt

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Nov 8, 2013
This is great! I got on and it brought me back to the best days of Habbo. I have one question though, is the Flash client & Shockwave client the same community? Or is it seperate?

For example, if I get on the BETA client will I still see the users that are using the Shockwave client? @Quackster

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Thank you so much everybody for the awesome feedback, we peaked over 50+ users today :)

Don't often get to say this anymore, but this is genuinely amazing. The sheer level of detail is amazing, it's exactly how I remember it - both web & client.

Just been on for about 2 hours - I don't even spend more than 2 hours on Boon in a week these days. It was very enjoyable, played both Shockwave & Flash, played a couple of games of Battle Ball and then visited the Lido, super fun!

Think while I was on you reached a peak of 47 users, so it was fun to experience the past with a bunch of users also mad excited. Kudos to you Alex, it's a work of art!

Thank you so much, I can't tell you how many hours of old YouTube videos, Habborator and Habboxwiki articles I've browsed through to get it accurate. :)

I'd say it's my magnum opus in regards to Habbo projects (as of right now).

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
I'm currently nutting over the fact that the CMS is literally the exact same as the old days boy howdy "My Page" AND TAGS, OH TAGS. Now all I gotta say is good fucking job Alex you outdid yourself here!!!!!

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Just registered, and I'm being redirect to:

(It should be:)

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Just registered, and I'm being redirect to:

(It should be:)
Shit, I made a change just now. I implemented the FindRetro's API in Java myself. I don't know how I can test any fixes myself if I've already voted.

It should be fixed now (I think).

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Shit, I made a change just now. I implemented the FindRetro's API in Java myself. I don't know how I can test any fixes myself if I've already voted.

It should be fixed now (I think).
I've deleted the vote made from your IP, so you should be able to test it.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Oh my god man what a blast from the past.

You even got the damn tag fight thing HAHAHA

2F8mEWZ.png

Honestly, you really outdid yourself.
Looks like you went through HoloCMS and upgraded everything, didn't miss a bit a detail.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Thanks @griimnak!

There's a few things that I still need to do for the CMS though, tag matching and staff pick rooms (on /me) aren't done yet. :p

harambe

Donator
Dec 3, 2018
Loving every bit of it. Haven’t been on retros in such a long time, but I couldn’t resist hopping on this. Love that both shockwave and flash clients are connected as well. Props to you.

Champion

Aug 26, 2011
Ive never used wine before, will try to find a tutorial on how to use it when Im on my lap top though!

First online game I've actually been excited for in a long time.

Havent really played Habbo much since these versions, was gutted when they changed the whole style.

Theres so many opportunities for a great fun economy with this version.

- prizes for battle ball and wobble squabble high scores
- trax contests
- proper kick wars?????
- custom event achievements and badges?? (Mazes, etc)

Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread