Chromebook, reviews

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
Hey devbesters,
I am wondering if Chromebook is suitable for someone who just go on to the laptop and surf internet and do work stuffs; etc doing reports. Since its cheap enough. Like to hear your reviews.
"Its my mom"

Thanks,
Mega

Damon

Aug 13, 2012
That's the main... point of the Chrombook. Being able to get online and surf the net with fast loading/booting up speed. Its good as long as you are doing minimal things. I'm sure it'll be good for doing reports, as I'm sure there's an application to do this.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I own a chromebook and it's pretty decent, especially if you love everything Google. You will have to consider using Google Drive and basically anything Google owns.

Although since I had quite a bit of space I dual boot it with linux so I can do stuff I can't do on the Chromebook side.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I own a chromebook and it's pretty decent, especially if you love everything Google. You will have to consider using Google Drive and basically anything Google owns.

Although since I had quite a bit of space I dual boot it with linux so I can do stuff I can't do on the Chromebook side.
Is it able to dual-boot Windows as well? I'm not too sure if it could and would it support the minimum specs that Windows requires.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Is it able to dual-boot Windows as well? I'm not too sure if it could and would it support the minimum specs that Windows requires.
I coreboot BIOS flashed mine at one point and it actually did support it well, it's quite speedy especially being on SSD (Windows 8.1). The only problem is there are no found drivers for the mouse and the keyboard so you have to use external ones, also the power management doesn't work so you don't know if the power is full/half etc, other than that everything works fine.

I removed it and flashed it back to the original Chromebook then just dual-booted with linux again.

Users who are viewing this thread