Can my friends play on local host with me

bradbro03

Nov 30, 2013
Can my friends play on local host with me I have everything set up much friend tried to join it wouldn’t let him were on same internet anyone can help would mean a lot ty

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
IP can be any LAN or WAN IP address. But you'll want to set your firewall connection allow it.

Device connection with webserver pc can be by LAN or WAN (i.e by wifi, connectify, adhoc, cable, mypublic wifi etc)

You should follow these steps:

1. Go to the control panel
  2. Inbound rules > new rules
  3. Click port > next > specific local port > enter 8080 > next > allow the connection>
  4. Next > tick all (domain, private, public) > specify any name
  5. Now you can access your localhost by any device (laptop, mobile, desktop, etc).
  6. Enter ip address in browser url as 123.23.xx.xx:8080 to access localhost by any device.
This IP will be of that device which has the web server.

bradbro03

Nov 30, 2013
IP can be any LAN or WAN IP address. But you'll want to set your firewall connection allow it.

Device connection with webserver pc can be by LAN or WAN (i.e by wifi, connectify, adhoc, cable, mypublic wifi etc)

You should follow these steps:

1. Go to the control panel
  2. Inbound rules > new rules
  3. Click port > next > specific local port > enter 8080 > next > allow the connection>
  4. Next > tick all (domain, private, public) > specify any name
  5. Now you can access your localhost by any device (laptop, mobile, desktop, etc).
  6. Enter ip address in browser url as 123.23.xx.xx:8080 to access localhost by any device.
This IP will be of that device which has the web server.
I cant find inbound rules

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
@bradbro03 If you're hosting it from your PC, you are probably using XAMPP, so what you need to do is allow Apache to accept connections from the public, and you can do that by opening Windows Firewall, and adding the program which should be in your XAMPP/apache folder, called httpd.exe

Users who are viewing this thread