Can anyone explain to me how retro habbo works?

YeltsinReyes

Sep 19, 2022
Since I can make a retro habbo from scratch, I'm a newbie to php, javascript, html and css.
I see many CMS and Emulators but I don't know how everything works and I would like to do something for myself.

Best regards.

MajesticBoss

Sep 16, 2019
Since I can make a retro habbo from scratch, I'm a newbie to php, javascript, html and css.
I see many CMS and Emulators but I don't know how everything works and I would like to do something for myself.

Best regards.
Hello so basically a "Habbo Retro" comes in different forms, "Oldschool" and "Modern"
And what a Habbo Retro basically does is "Emulate" The actual game known as Habbo Hotel....
What do i mean by Emulate? Basically people on this forum release their own "Habbo Retro Files"
Which you can setup using one of the many TUTORIALS on this Forum...
Either Oldschool files or Modern files you can find what your looking for and follow a tutorial.
That being said to own a Habbo Retro is not to break the law but to simply revive a old game which we all love without making profit from own a Habbo Retro and simply to own Habbo Retros for educational and recreational purposes.

lBambuco

May 20, 2020
Can someone explain to me how retro habbo works?
CMS is basically a content management system, it is divided into the logical (PHP in your case) and the visual which is what the user sees on their computer (HTML, CSS, JS). For example: pages such as the homepage, registration, team, etc.

And the emulator is the logical part of Habbo is what allows you to do most things, use commands, rewards, credits etc etc.

The best way is to play one or play the original so you can understand the difference.

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
Creating a Habbo Retro is a replica or emulation of the official Habbo Hotel game. It's important to note that creating and running a Habbo Retro can be illegal if you don't have permission from Sulake (the company that owns Habbo Hotel). This is because it involves copying and distributing copyrighted material (graphics, sounds, etc.) and potentially making profits off someone else's intellectual property. If caught, you can face legal consequences.

However, if you're interested in learning the technical aspects for educational purposes or if you're considering creating a legal version with your own original assets, here's a high-level overview of the process:

1. Server Software: You'll need server software to handle game logic, user accounts, etc. There are several Habbo emulators available, like Arcturus, ButterStorm, and PlusEMU.
  2. Database: The server software will need a database to store information. MySQL is commonly used for this.
  3. Client: This is what users interact with. The client is typically Flash-based, but since Adobe Flash Player has been discontinued, you'd ideally want to look for or develop a new HTML5-based client.
  4. Web Server: You'll need a website where users can register, buy credits (if you offer that), and load the client. This requires a web server with PHP and a connection to your MySQL database.
  5. SWF (ShockWave Flash) Files: These are the game's assets, including room designs, character appearances, and more. Ideally, you'd create your own to avoid copyright infringement.
  6. Configuration: You'll need to configure the server software to work with your database and ensure the client can connect to the server.
  7. Hosting: Once everything is set up, you'll need to host your server software and website. This can be done on a dedicated server or VPS.
  8. Security: This is critical. Many retros get attacked by DDoS attacks or have vulnerabilities that allow malicious users to exploit them. Ensure that you keep all software updated and use security best practices.
Again, I must stress the importance of not infringing on copyrights. If you're interested in creating a game inspired by Habbo, consider using your own assets and developing a unique spin on the concept. This not only avoids legal issues but also allows you to create something new and exciting for players.

YeltsinReyes

Sep 19, 2022
Creating a Habbo Retro is a replica or emulation of the official Habbo Hotel game. It's important to note that creating and running a Habbo Retro can be illegal if you don't have permission from Sulake (the company that owns Habbo Hotel). This is because it involves copying and distributing copyrighted material (graphics, sounds, etc.) and potentially making profits off someone else's intellectual property. If caught, you can face legal consequences.

However, if you're interested in learning the technical aspects for educational purposes or if you're considering creating a legal version with your own original assets, here's a high-level overview of the process:

1. Server Software: You'll need server software to handle game logic, user accounts, etc. There are several Habbo emulators available, like Arcturus, ButterStorm, and PlusEMU.
  2. Database: The server software will need a database to store information. MySQL is commonly used for this.
  3. Client: This is what users interact with. The client is typically Flash-based, but since Adobe Flash Player has been discontinued, you'd ideally want to look for or develop a new HTML5-based client.
  4. Web Server: You'll need a website where users can register, buy credits (if you offer that), and load the client. This requires a web server with PHP and a connection to your MySQL database.
  5. SWF (ShockWave Flash) Files: These are the game's assets, including room designs, character appearances, and more. Ideally, you'd create your own to avoid copyright infringement.
  6. Configuration: You'll need to configure the server software to work with your database and ensure the client can connect to the server.
  7. Hosting: Once everything is set up, you'll need to host your server software and website. This can be done on a dedicated server or VPS.
  8. Security: This is critical. Many retros get attacked by DDoS attacks or have vulnerabilities that allow malicious users to exploit them. Ensure that you keep all software updated and use security best practices.
Again, I must stress the importance of not infringing on copyrights. If you're interested in creating a game inspired by Habbo, consider using your own assets and developing a unique spin on the concept. This not only avoids legal issues but also allows you to create something new and exciting for players.
So the "Nitro" client is made with javascript canvas and is in charge of making the collisions, moving the user and showing all the objects?

The emulator creates the websockect that tells everything in real time what to do to the client and saves all the information of the objects, rooms, users, positions of each object?

Sly

I don't break the rules I bend them.
Oct 28, 2016
So the "Nitro" client is made with javascript canvas and is in charge of making the collisions, moving the user and showing all the objects?

The emulator creates the websockect that tells everything in real time what to do to the client and saves all the information of the objects, rooms, users, positions of each object?
It seems you're describing a hypothetical or specific system where "Nitro" is a client-side application and there's an "emulator" on the server-side. Based on the information you've provided:

Nitro Client:​

• Javascript Canvas: The client uses the JavaScript Canvas API to render graphics on the web page. This allows for dynamic, scriptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap images.
  • Collisions: The client handles collision detection, which is essential for many types of games and simulations. This ensures that objects don't overlap and can interact with each other in predefined ways.
  • User Movement: The client takes input from the user (e.g., keyboard, mouse) to move a character or object within the environment.
  • Object Rendering: The client is responsible for displaying all objects within the environment, updating their positions, and rendering any animations or interactions.

Emulator (Server-side):​

• WebSockets: The emulator uses WebSockets, a protocol that allows for real-time, two-way communication between the server and client. This is essential for multiplayer games or any application where real-time updates are crucial.
  • State Management: The emulator maintains the state of the game or simulation. This includes information about rooms, objects, users, and the positions and states of each object. By centralizing this information on the server, it ensures consistency across all clients.
  • Real-time Updates: The emulator sends real-time updates to the client about any changes in the environment, such as the movement of other users or changes in object states.
  • Data Persistence: The emulator is likely responsible for saving and loading data, ensuring that the state of the game or simulation is preserved between sessions.
In this setup, the "Nitro" client handles rendering and some real-time interactions, while the emulator manages the overall state, ensures consistency, and communicates updates to all connected clients. This is a common architecture for many online games and real-time applications, where the client is responsible for rendering and immediate user feedback, and the server ensures data integrity, manages the overall state, and handles interactions between multiple clients.

YeltsinReyes

Sep 19, 2022
It seems you're describing a hypothetical or specific system where "Nitro" is a client-side application and there's an "emulator" on the server-side. Based on the information you've provided:

Nitro Client:​

• Javascript Canvas: The client uses the JavaScript Canvas API to render graphics on the web page. This allows for dynamic, scriptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap images.
  • Collisions: The client handles collision detection, which is essential for many types of games and simulations. This ensures that objects don't overlap and can interact with each other in predefined ways.
  • User Movement: The client takes input from the user (e.g., keyboard, mouse) to move a character or object within the environment.
  • Object Rendering: The client is responsible for displaying all objects within the environment, updating their positions, and rendering any animations or interactions.

Emulator (Server-side):​

• WebSockets: The emulator uses WebSockets, a protocol that allows for real-time, two-way communication between the server and client. This is essential for multiplayer games or any application where real-time updates are crucial.
  • State Management: The emulator maintains the state of the game or simulation. This includes information about rooms, objects, users, and the positions and states of each object. By centralizing this information on the server, it ensures consistency across all clients.
  • Real-time Updates: The emulator sends real-time updates to the client about any changes in the environment, such as the movement of other users or changes in object states.
  • Data Persistence: The emulator is likely responsible for saving and loading data, ensuring that the state of the game or simulation is preserved between sessions.
In this setup, the "Nitro" client handles rendering and some real-time interactions, while the emulator manages the overall state, ensures consistency, and communicates updates to all connected clients. This is a common architecture for many online games and real-time applications, where the client is responsible for rendering and immediate user feedback, and the server ensures data integrity, manages the overall state, and handles interactions between multiple clients.
Very good your explanation, thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread