Buying a refurbished iPhone

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Hi guys, I am not really on this anymore.

But I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on buying a refurbished iPhone/Any Phone

My iPhone 6s Plus is broken to pieces so I bought a GRADE A iPhone 6 Plus 64GB (Comes with 12 month warranty, and accessories etc)

Is it a bad idea or a good way for saving money?

Last edited:

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Dumb, just stop being povvo and upgrade lmao.
I can wait till april and upgrade to an iPhone X, but I will have to carry on my contract for another Year.
I will cancel my 6s Plus contract on april and just use the 6plus I bought with a giffgaff contract.
You clearly don't have a clue about refurbishement as it isnt Dumb at all. No need to call me poor I am just not an idiot with my money?

JMS

Posting Freak
Aug 25, 2014
I can wait till april and upgrade to an iPhone X, but I will have to carry on my contract for another Year.
I will cancel my 6s Plus contract on april and just use the 6plus I bought with a giffgaff contract.
You clearly don't have a clue about refurbishement as it isnt Dumb at all. No need to call me poor I am just not an idiot with my money?
Lmao. OT: The iPhone X is worth it - got one currently and its pre good.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Lmao. OT: The iPhone X is worth it - got one currently and its pre good.
I dont care about the iPhone X, my brother has one and I didnt really need to know if you did. I can get it for free on april but carry on my contract but I find it easier just to use the iPhone 6 Plus with the giffgaff sim I just bought. If my 6s Plus wasnt broke I would of probably got the iPhone X and carried on my contract, no point now since I just bought a phone.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
All these kids saying they have an X and all this fancy stuff but ask people for a loan of $20, stop trying to be something you're not.

ONT: Do what you think is right, refurbished or not, if it works, then it was worth it.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
All these kids saying they have an X and all this fancy stuff but ask people for a loan of $20, stop trying to be something you're not.

ONT: Do what you think is right, refurbished or not, if it works, then it was worth it.
Yeh! Its a Grade A only has minor scuffs. I got the phone for 180£ and my giffgaff contract is £15 a month, I prefer that than paying £40 a month via EE. (Would have to pay 40 a month for 2 years)
saves you money this way

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Don't buy a refurbished iphone.
your clueless. A refurbished phone is practiaclly new in the inside, I bought a GRADE A+ the inside is fully cleaned and 100% working and no cosmetic scuffs etc. . . and comes with 12month warranty

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
your clueless. A refurbished phone is practiaclly new in the inside, I bought a GRADE A+ the inside is fully cleaned and 100% working and no cosmetic scuffs etc. . . and comes with 12month warranty
They say don't buy a refurbished because all they get is new ones from their parents, there's literally nothing wrong with a refurbished.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
There’s nothing wrong with refurbished, especially grade A.

There’s no need to keep up with the newest phone. I used to be bothered about it but ever since I got my car I’ve kind of got my priorities in order. I always wanted the latest iPhone but the idea of paying out £65+ per month just for the new iPhone horrifies me now.

No, I’m not being cheap, I just don’t see the point. My 6s Plus is perfectly fine and does exactly what I want. I paid £25 two days ago to get my battery and speakers repaired from Apple and it’s just like a new phone. Had it since late 2015 and it’s only got a tiny scuff in the top left corner!

So I say it’s a good choice that you went with.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
If the phone works and it’s a cheaper option it sounds like you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Although in the original post you’re asking for opinions and then slate people who don’t like to buy refurbs, doesn’t make much sense!

Sounds like you’ve saved yourself some money in the long run! For me personally I just upgrade my handset with EE. If I lost/badly damaged my phone I’d probably do what you’ve done. :up:

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
There’s nothing wrong with refurbished, especially grade A.

There’s no need to keep up with the newest phone. I used to be bothered about it but ever since I got my car I’ve kind of got my priorities in order. I always wanted the latest iPhone but the idea of paying out £65+ per month just for the new iPhone horrifies me now.

No, I’m not being cheap, I just don’t see the point. My 6s Plus is perfectly fine and does exactly what I want. I paid £25 two days ago to get my battery and speakers repaired from Apple and it’s just like a new phone. Had it since late 2015 and it’s only got a tiny scuff in the top left corner!

So I say it’s a good choice that you went with.
Yes, I dont see the point on buying the latest iPhones either !

If the phone works and it’s a cheaper option it sounds like you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Although in the original post you’re asking for opinions and then slate people who don’t like to buy refurbs, doesn’t make much sense!

Sounds like you’ve saved yourself some money in the long run! For me personally I just upgrade my handset with EE. If I lost/badly damaged my phone I’d probably do what you’ve done. :up:
I wasnt really slating them. They where calling me 'poor' and posting pictures of their macs and phones etc and saying how they got an 8plus n shit. its so off topi, especially when they say 'Dont buy a refurbished phone' like they dont even know what it means probably

ONTOPIC: Yes, I have! Its probably my way forward of saving now with technology. I will post the phone once it arrvies :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Actually read an Dutch article about refurbished iPhones 3 days ago, I'll try to find it again, however they adviced against it as refurbished iPhones often had a huge performance decrease.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
Actually read an Dutch article about refurbished iPhones 3 days ago, I'll try to find it again, however they adviced against it as refurbished iPhones often had a huge performance decrease.
Thats probably true, It really does depend who you buy it off.
If your buying a refurbished phone off Apple your probably gonna get a pristine one.
The seller I bought of, they fully cleared it, new battery and Black List Clear.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I personally like to purchase the new brand new so I know exactly what I'm getting. I've had numerous friends buy phones online and they've missed out cracks/scratches and they always seem to work poorer than when you purchase from Apple.

There's tons of great deals out there, I got an iPhone 8 Plus free with unlimited calls and texts with 16GB internet for £50/month over 2 years. IMO that's a bargain from EE since I got the phone when it was released.

If you've got £500-700 laying around I would probably advise anybody to buy the phone and go on a SIM only package, a lot cheaper in the long run.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
I personally like to purchase the new brand new so I know exactly what I'm getting. I've had numerous friends buy phones online and they've missed out cracks/scratches and they always seem to work poorer than when you purchase from Apple.

There's tons of great deals out there, I got an iPhone 8 Plus free with unlimited calls and texts with 16GB internet for £50/month over 2 years. IMO that's a bargain from EE since I got the phone when it was released.

If you've got £500-700 laying around I would probably advise anybody to buy the phone and go on a SIM only package, a lot cheaper in the long run.
I would not pay 50 quid a month for over 2 years thats a really bad idea and what was your upfront cost?. Your paying £1200, when you can just buy a GRADEA+ refurbished one for 750 quid then get a giffgaff contract of 6 gigs of internet, unlimtied txts and calls for 15 quid a month, and cancel when you like.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
The phone was free.

I need at least 10GB of Internet too. £1,200 over 2 years for everything is good. I can sell the phone afterwards for easily £400+ if kept in good and original condition. I've used O2, Giffgaff and 3 before, they don't come close to EE while I'm travelling around the country.

£750 for the phone plus £15 per month over 2 years would be only a little bit less than what I'm paying now and I've got access to BT Sports, Apple Music, calls in Europe etc all added into my contract. 6GB just wouldn't do it for me personally.

Hashh

adam
Apr 17, 2015
The phone was free.

I need at least 10GB of Internet too. £1,200 over 2 years for everything is good. I can sell the phone afterwards for easily £400+ if kept in good and original condition. I've used O2, Giffgaff and 3 before, they don't come close to EE while I'm travelling around the country.

£750 for the phone plus £15 per month over 2 years would be only a little bit less than what I'm paying now and I've got access to BT Sports, Apple Music, calls in Europe etc all added into my contract. 6GB just wouldn't do it for me personally.
My 6s Plus is with EE, I totally agree with travelling etc.. Apple Music still costs with EE (6months), I can still travell with giffgaff and roam for free.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Oh I thought you were with Giffgaff? I'm pretty sure O2 own Giffgaff and they were rubbish when I last used them (got 4G next to nowhere).

6 months still saves me £60 :p

Users who are viewing this thread