Flash bobbaWorld - A World of Possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Welcome to bobbaWorld, your private jet awaits!

From the creators of Hubba Hotel circa 2009-2013

URL:

Upon entering bobbaWorld you will discover a social hub of endless possibilities... you wont believe our little community has to offer. By exploring the bobbaWorld city located under Public Rooms you will unlock achievement and coin rewards, as well as the opportunity to earn a few more thousands by completing various different Quests, and mini-games where you can duke it out against player for the chance of fame, glory and riches!

bobbaWorld is curently in its Beta stages and we ask that you please be patient as we work out any and all kinks within the system. We have been working tirelessly for well over a month but there is only so much we can find out on our own- thats where you come in. Your task is simple, not unlike what you would be doing regardless... play. Play your little heart out.. build, create, destroy... play! If you discover any issues within the game, or website please contact a member of staff and we will get on it as soon as possible.

Set in the modern age, the humble kingdom of bobbaWorld offers a wide variety of quests, businesses, and cafes for your entertainment. In the near future user-created rooms will be linked to the world for everyone to explore. Competitions will be held with guidelines as to what we are looking for, and only the best will be selected.

Is this a role playing hotel?

Well, no, not exactly. We are whatever you want us to be. bobbaWorld offers the opportunity for role players of all backgrounds to join in on the fun! The open worls themes provide perfect grounds to fulfil your fantasy.

There are endless opportunities to earn credits, and a reputation within our humble little world. We are always looking for new talent to contirbute to the growth of bobbaWorld. You are always welcome to talk to one of the Executive members of stagg about having your created quest to be featured in the village and on the navigator. We are all about equal opportunity.

What opportunities, as a member, do I have?
As bobbaWorld launches, rooms, quests, and competitions will continue to expand. The three of us alone have put a lot of time and effort into the launch of this rebooted classic, and, as you know, room and quest creation take a lot of time.. in the future we will be looking for dedicated users to join our team as Event Promoters. These users will be paid with in-game wealth and have very limited powers. Event Promoters will be selected by staff and there will not be an application process involved. You can prove your worth by creating quests, games, city extensions, etc... if you have what it takes we will find you.

What makes bobbaWorld different from any other retro?
The answer is simple really, and it lies within our community. Some of you may remember our predecessor hotel- Hubba Hotel, which was wildly popular back in the day- although we did have a pretty bad track record of opening and closing a few times we never lost our userbase. Some of those very same people came back to join us in our new adventure - bobbaWorld and we are happy to welcome them back. bobbaWorld is uniquely themed, and ran, compared to other hotels so give us that little big of pizzaz the other hotels are lacking. We feature intricately wired quests, mini-games, and events unlike anything ever seen before.

We look forward to welcoming back anyone from our Hubba era, and are excited to introduce new players to our unique style of game. We live to serve the people, and thats what we are intending to do here. This world is for the people- by the people. Our users are encouraged to create content that may be randomly selected to join the Public Rooms list... This could be a quest, self-sustaining mini-game or just a spree of random events over a weekend. The Kings plan to work closely with the citizens to ensure the best quality experience for all players within our realm.

THE CATALOG
cata.png

The bobbaWorld Catalog also features one of the cleanest, most slick versions of a catalog to date. Neatly organized, with thousands upon thousands of different, and unique items priced at 5 coins (for almost everything) offers our players the advantage to build more with what they are given from the start. We offer an Easy Building category for your convenience, offering all flooring, wall and outdoor furnitures in one spot. Why spend your precious time looking for the perfect item when you can find whatever you may need all in one spot! Your catalog also offers excluse loyalty items you can purchase with either Diamonds or Duckets.

The staff at bobbaWorld are constantly looking for new things to add to our catalog, and way to enhance the experience our citizens get when searching for that perfect item. If you have found something you think we should add to our catalog then let one of us know! We wil get right on. Please note that we are aware of several dozen items that do not function properly, and items which should stack but do not... We are trying our best to repair anything that may not function properly, however it would be impossible to find and fix it all on our own... If you spot anything please let a staff member know. We can edit the entire catalog and furniture properties through our in-browser housekeeping to make any repairs as quickly as possible for you.

BUY-A-BADGE
buyabadge1.png

bobbaWorld offers an in-catalog badge shop, giving our members the unique ability to purchase some pretty sweet badges. Buyer beware... some of these badges are not for the faint of heart. The administration team is continuously working to ensure the quality of our badge shop- this means that, eventually, most of the badges in the catalog will be replaced with something new every once in awhile... that means you only have a limited time to stock up and collect your swag. We do this to ensure that some badges have a higher value than others- meaning, not everyone has that badge, giving you some swag to show off to all of your friends.

Members who purchase an Elite or Ambassador Societial Package are given access to a VIP-ONLY badge shop, filled with exclusive badges only available to them. Badges previously in the public shop will be moved to the VIP section to be sold there permanently and replacements will take their place. The goal is to update the badge shop monthly- adding a few new badges available to everyone on the game.

SOCIETIES
bobbaWorld offers three different Societial Packages (VIP), ranging from Official, to the Elite, and up to Ambassador. These packages are reasonably priced and the money raised will help with the cost of hosting the game and any upgrades we may go through in the future. $1.00 from every purchase of Elite or Ambassador membership will go toward a charity of our choosing, We will generally announce a new charity every few months, let you all know how much we managed to raise for them as well as posting the evidence to suggest we did so. This Kingdom is built around trust, and we intend to show you that we have the most geniuine of intentions.

Your purchase of a package at any level will give you access to a basic Currency Exchange and Common Rares catalog. The Diamond Currency Exchange gives you the ability to trade in your hard earned diamonds and duckets for some coinage! 1 Diamond is equivalent to 100 credits. 3500 Duckets is equivalent to 350 coins.

Staff Applications
bobbaWorld is constantly looking for new help to aid in the creation of fun, self sustainable minigames and quests. In our Kingdom we have something called Event Promoters. These people are randomly selected by the Kings to help with the expansion of our humble little village. We have strived here to build something great.

We have literally days of work put into this game, but we are all busy and cannot be on all of the time to build at the rate we want to. Thats where Event Promoters come in- they are paid with in-game wealth and given special access to a prize catalog to help aid in event promotion and creation, There are certain terms you must agree to- you will be strictly monitered for abuses.

Moderation will be the key to our success. At the moment we are looking for 3 lucky users to help moderate the hotel. Your official title would be an Officer- but you have the same power as any moderator would. Those interested are to apply . Applications must be professional. Those harassing us for moderation, or to read their application will be dismissed as an option. If we are interested we will contact you for a short interview.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Societal Packages (VIP) - 20%
- CMS Integrated Forum - 50%
- Diner Dash (MINI-GAME) - 90%
- User Referral Program - 90%
- Clean, Organized Navigator - 100%
- Catalog (Clean, functional, easy to find products) - 100%
- Overall CMS Design & Text - 100%
- Currency Exchange - 100%

Anything listed above is considered to be in development until their percentage reaches 100. Though some of these features may appear visible please take note that they may not function properly yet. Our team is working endlessly to ensure the quality of your game play and we will have these features available as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime, we are always open to suggestions. Feel free to let us know what you think in the comment section below.

QUESTS
qst1.png

MINI-GAMES
minig.png

ADDITIONAL SCREENSHOTS:

bobba3.png

newme.png

bobba1.png

FORUMS (IN DEVELOPMENT)
h.png

hh.png

hhh.png

Last edited:

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This honestly looks great. I haven't played retro's for years, but this one actually makes me doubt to play again. The unique theme idea is a great plan, I think. I hope you guys are able to also create some unique features in to the CMS and Emulator that add to this uniqueness.

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
It looks good. I'm not keen on the CMS but that's only because it seems very ZOOMED in to me. Haha! Apart from that it's good.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Thanks!! We are trying hard to be different. The problem is that they are all the same crap different hotel.
We look forward to growing into something better over time. Thanks for the feedback

This honestly looks great. I haven't played retro's for years, but this one actually makes me doubt to play again. The unique theme idea is a great plan, I think. I hope you guys are able to also create some unique features in to the CMS and Emulator that add to this uniqueness.

Liam

Fly and mighty
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
URL:

FYI this doesn't work

Not a fan of BrainCMS, but your changes are quite nice and hotel view is cute, good job!

Best of luck with this.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Progress update on the CMS::
We are gonna be moving the Active Players box onto the hand- in a cluster of about 5 or 6 players. We will hav them generate random actions and speech bubbles too but this is what we have got for now. Will also be adding quick access box to the forums where the Active players used to be.

We are looking for staff to help us develp the CMS and new game features so please let me know if you have experience and if you are interested. We havent put much effort into advertising right now as the staff members we do have all work full time, go to college & uni or have kids of their own so we do need help.
bobbaWorld will be hiring 3 Executive Staff Members (those with experience in coding and retro development, three administrative staff to see over our moderation team, which we will be hiring 6 members for eventually.

cms1.png

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
Progress update on the CMS::
We are gonna be moving the Active Players box onto the hand- in a cluster of about 5 or 6 players. We will hav them generate random actions and speech bubbles too but this is what we have got for now. Will also be adding quick access box to the forums where the Active players used to be.

We are looking for staff to help us develp the CMS and new game features so please let me know if you have experience and if you are interested. We havent put much effort into advertising right now as the staff members we do have all work full time, go to college & uni or have kids of their own so we do need help.
bobbaWorld will be hiring 3 Executive Staff Members (those with experience in coding and retro development, three administrative staff to see over our moderation team, which we will be hiring 6 members for eventually.

cms1.png

Looks good, however some aspects still seem very ZOOMED in and therefore appear low quality.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Are you referring to the random citizens right now cause yeah its driving me nuts lol its just a tad bit too much. It is being moved in the next day or so, as I said. Itll be on the hand. Just regular sized avatars in groups.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Sounds nice, hope you realise that the word 'bobba' means fuck.

So its called Fuck World
What the guy above me said lol..... bobba was a filter word back in the day. idk if they still use it or what but yeah.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Working on a forum box for the /me/ page in an effort to clean up the navigator on the CMS.
We are hoping to have the forums fully developed by the end of the weekend.
forums.png

forums2.png

Kay

Feb 3, 2014
Good luck with everything, not keen on the cms feels a little too cluttered.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on cleaning up a lot of clutter right now and hope to have updates posted soon... Although a lot of the more popular retros have much more clutter on their CMS than us. I think our problem is clearing out the old when we put in something new. The CMS has a lot of features that we don't really need and we are working hard to determine what to get rid of or improve on.

We will probably continue edits with the CMS - This is what we are thinking for the User of The Week.

uotwp.png

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Ooo the CMS could use some work but I like the integrated forums and the quests/minigames you got.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Any suggestions on what we should change

I like the concept of the imaged news articles but I think 3 may be to many. Do you think it would be better with two or should we just put it back to the one

Also would like to add that we are looking for staff members to help aid in the expansion of our little world. We may not be all that big now but we are on our way to something great. There is a lot more work ahead of us and we need dedicated people to help us achieve our ultimate goal! Register and inquire within.

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
I like everything, but with the theme you're aiming for (that being Monarchy), I'd change the style of the CMS to look more traditional. Otherwise very good looking hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread