Flash BlissRP - Something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
logo.png

A different take on a roleplay.

BlissRP has been in development for months. We have taken a risk and taken a different route for what we call a rp. We have a amazing dedicated team and so far the open beta has went amazing. Since we opened we have reached over 100+ register and the peak was 16 and in my eyes that is good to be just opening.

We have had very little backlash, we seen many terrible comments but we expected that. Please report all bugs, this will allow us to be able to fix them as soon as we can. We been working very hard on Bliss. One thing you won't see at any other rp is a dedicated developer that will push out updates weekly, and make sure you have a amazing time.

One other thing that makes BlissRP different, is all corps are interactive using websocket connections, we have such key features for ammu, the police have interactive police tools instead of having to type a command.

Features:
Daily rewards system-
Stats-
Jobs system-
interactive cop tools-
Turf capture-
Corp overview-
interactive map-
Banking-
Phone store (self-checkout)-

Flash player popup-
login page-
me page-
client-

(We have many more features, I will add them soon!)

Thanks,
-Nathan & @JayCustom

Last edited:

Txc

Jan 26, 2017
Hey, good luck on this. Just one recommendation is some of your websocket interface should be cleaned up and look uniform.
35343116bcff83324063ad3d9b327e5a.png

While the design style looks good, it would look better for example if you were to have the "X Left" info align right. Just a suggestion but it'd make the interface cleaner.

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
Looks promising. :) Best of luck!
Thanks!
Goodluck bro, looks great
Thank you so much!
Hey, good luck on this. Just one recommendation is some of your websocket interface should be cleaned up and look uniform.
35343116bcff83324063ad3d9b327e5a.png

While the design style looks good, it would look better for example if you were to have the "X Left" info align right. Just a suggestion but it'd make the interface cleaner.
Thanks for the suggestion!

@everyone

I would like to thank you for being apart of our EPIC failure of an opening. I was going to keep Bliss Running while we finished development, but I have changed my mind. We will be skipping this feature friday, while we polish up some features, but starting next week we will start back up feature friday.

I will not be giving an open date for Bliss, but I assure you I will be devoting more time to this project. I have spent several months free-timing the development, and for this to have went so badly, it looks not just bad on me but as well as my team. We will be doing hardcore changes and updates, and I will be looking for a few people in the following areas;

Graphic Design
Web Design (HTML/CSS Skills)

If you are interested, you can private message me for more details. Serious inquiries only.

I would like to apologize, as this really falls into my lap for this failure. Upon our opening there will be NO Bugs, NO Glitches, NO Lagg, and AMAZING FEATURES.

Thank You,

Jay , Nathan & Sam

(discord announcement)

We will close the thread for now.

Over the past few months, bliss went back into development since we wasnt ready. We are back and had a peak of 39 online. We had a few setbacks with bugs but now everything is running smoothly. We made changes to the ui and that now looks more habboish. We maintain atleast 20+ online daily. See you on Bliss!

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Fix your shit, this is damn near embarrassing at this point.

> It's laggy as all shit.
> I'm somehow logged into someone else's account. ( & )
> UI looks thrown together last minute, especially the skill points thing. ( )
> Website has too many different greens going on and looks hideous. ( )
> Nobody cares if you're secured by Comodo ( )

It seems as if you're rushing this and it is clearly hurting your reputation as BlissRP. The things someone could do by being logged into another users account, hmm.. Your server has the most ridiculous lag that I think I've ever experienced. If you truly want to compete in the retro community (and the RP community with Peak) then you need to step up your game as these sort of things is not even remotely acceptable. Nathan can say 'now everything is running smoothly' but the fact I'm logged into another user's account is telling a different story. Don't rush perfection, it'll always become a mess that isn't going to be fixable.

Good luck nevertheless. :up:

Last edited:

NathanCarn3y

Leaving a legacy
Sep 14, 2016
Fix your shit, this is damn near embarrassing at this point.

> It's laggy as all shit.
> I'm somehow logged into someone else's account. ( & )
> UI looks thrown together last minute, especially the skill points thing. ( )
> Website has too many different greens going on and looks hideous. ( )
> Nobody cares if you're secured by Comodo ( )

It seems as if you're rushing this and it is clearly hurting your reputation as BlissRP. The things someone could do by being logged into another users account, hmm.. Your server has the most ridiculous lag that I think I've ever experienced. If you truly want to compete in the retro community (and the RP community with Peak) then you need to step up your game as this sort of things is not even remotely acceptable. Nathan can say 'now everything is running smoothly' but the fact I'm logged into another user's account is telling a different story. Don't rush perfection, it'll always become a mess that isn't going to be fixable.

Good luck nevertheless. :up:
The logging in is something new and the first thanks for pointing that out, not many people are complaining about lag so I dont see why you would be lagging. Thanks for letting us know.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Appreciate the response and the feedback, I however have a very hard time believe you have logged in on someone else's account genuinely because this is a plus emu base, and no charges were made to the SSO tickets and how they function.

I'm going to ask you only reply with truthful comments, based on the fact no user is registered with "Jake" as the username in which makes me believe you used inspect element to change that name on the me page.

The rest of your comments will be taken into serious consideration. Thanks for your feedback

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
not many people are complaining about lag so I dont see why you would be lagging. Thanks for letting us know.
You must be registered for see images attach

u3FBeTg.png

jVAAdek.png

This is people complaining about the lagging and it being ignored by you. "Seems like you got shit WiFi." How many people have shit wifi then? I managed to ask the only user on the hotel who wasn't AFK and she just considers it due to the fact its new, but it's been in "closed beta" for several months which takes away the thought of it being new away. I sniff bad development on the web socket side, can't imagine what must of been done to the emulator (BTW: Plus, again?? Why not Arcturus which provides a much better base and actual API for developers?)

Security code on register? It must be fake, because it doesn't even check.
ZKcLbvo.png

Also, why does it just randomly log you out?

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
Appreciate the response and the feedback, I however have a very hard time believe you have logged in on someone else's account genuinely because this is a plus emu base, and no charges were made to the SSO tickets and how they function.

I'm going to ask you only reply with truthful comments, based on the fact no user is registered with "Jake" as the username in which makes me believe you used inspect element to change that name on the me page.

The rest of your comments will be taken into serious consideration. Thanks for your feedback
You should REALLY fix your shit if my account doesn't exist. LOL

PS: Maybe you should speak with Baylie bc im not them thx

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You should REALLY fix your shit if my account doesn't exist. LOL

PS: Maybe you should speak with Baylie bc im not them thx
I love to know how they manage to destroy the most basic functions of a CMS and an emulator to fuck up registration AND authentication

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
This is really "Something Different"

Also...
The elements you have for your websockets are hideous.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
Good luck but unless you pull a miracle out of your ass there’s no beating peak or keeping this up for long term from what I’ve jist read through

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
Putting aside the poor design for in-game UI and website because that doesn't matter that much, the features themselves are just underwhelming bordering on bad.

The job applications are pointless, players should be joining a corp and working their way up so why would there be applications open for the top ranks in a corp constantly?
The post office is a gimmicky pointless feature that no one will use, why on earth would you go to a post office to send someone a letter when you can message them anywhere?
You have attacking pets that are way too strong and killed me repeatedly(?), I was already dead and was continuously killed in my death bed.
The fact that you have zero crime opportunities alienates the majority of people who like to play RP's, you can basically join Bliss, buy a pet, send a letter then AFK work.

the police have interactive police tools
323db2669.png

Assuming that's this? A cop told me you have to click the stun gun to use it which is just bad game design because (if you played RP's) you'd know that's literally the last thing you want to be doing if you're chasing someone as a cop - it would make it annoying and increase the chance of misclicking.
As well as that the police commands don't seem to even work properly. I was cuffed but not actually cuffed, I could run around change rooms but the server thought I was "cuffed" as I couldn't hit/taxi/do anything else.

You just closed for 3 months to work on these issues and in that time it seems you've fixed and added very little.
I would like to say however, there are some nice rooms on this RP and the map clearly had effort put into it by your builder(s), props to them for that!

If you want your RP to be a success you need to understand what people want from an RP and from the features you've spent a lot of time on it seems you do not understand that at all.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Putting aside the poor design for in-game UI and website because that doesn't matter that much, the features themselves are just underwhelming bordering on bad.

The job applications are pointless, players should be joining a corp and working their way up so why would there be applications open for the top ranks in a corp constantly?
The post office is a gimmicky pointless feature that no one will use, why on earth would you go to a post office to send someone a letter when you can message them anywhere?
You have attacking pets that are way too strong and killed me repeatedly(?), I was already dead and was continuously killed in my death bed.
The fact that you have zero crime opportunities alienates the majority of people who like to play RP's, you can basically join Bliss, buy a pet, send a letter then AFK work.

323db2669.png

Assuming that's this? A cop told me you have to click the stun gun to use it which is just bad game design because (if you played RP's) you'd know that's literally the last thing you want to be doing if you're chasing someone as a cop - it would make it annoying and increase the chance of misclicking.
As well as that the police commands don't seem to even work properly. I was cuffed but not actually cuffed, I could run around change rooms but the server thought I was "cuffed" as I couldn't hit/taxi/do anything else.

You just closed for 3 months to work on these issues and in that time it seems you've fixed and added very little.
I would like to say however, there are some nice rooms on this RP and the map clearly had effort put into it by your builder(s), props to them for that!

If you want your RP to be a success you need to understand what people want from an RP and from the features you've spent a lot of time on it seems you do not understand that at all.
The job applications will be going away, that was a temporary feature that we started with to build a community. It will be replaced by an automatic hire system that will allow you to self promote based on attributes you have achieved; shifts worked, strength, intelligence , etc. Allowing for Corp managers to setup ranks for users to build up to that earn higher pay for their efforts.

The post office sending letters was just a fun part of the system, not the purpose. The real purpose was so that when you applied to a job, if the Corp manager accepted your application while you're offline you get a letter to accept the position rather than just an alert, it puts use to another Corp (as I noticed peak only has 6 corps?)

The UI is still a work in progress, we know it's not the greatest but it's functional for now

When you toggle the police icons , they stay toggled until you untoggle. So while you're chasing with a stun gun, if you get within 2 blocks you just click the user to stun them. No typing on top of chasing required.

A lot of work was put into the 3 months, but we missed a lot, and unfortunately I do take that responsibility I should have had a lot of the bugs that we had fixed , but i missed them. I'm willing to keep focused and keep building on my mistakes and that's what will make BlissRP at the end of the journey. The dedication and hard work, with active staff and continuous updates.

If you're cuffed in real life you can still run , cuffing doesn't mean trapped it means you can't use services but you're welcome to roam the city to try to evade police.

Pets are a work in progress, new feature with the added abilities. The bug where you could attack a user in another room is fixed. I saved their roomuser instead of their user id , cut corners and it came back and bit me in the ass .

Also, don't take this wrong - I appreciate the feedback as we continue to work for success and I have high respect for someone who has an RP and made it successful. I plan on reaching that point, but I don't plan on taking things the "traditional" way. I want to try new things. New corps. New ideas. I want to be innovative, and not follow the "usual RP" quota.

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
I think this roleplay is developing quite well, the owners are taking things into consideration and fixing them, also trying to make it more realistic. All this, "it won't live up to Peak," or "you'll need a miracle to beat Peak." is kinda pointless and bias, the ones complaining are too busy with their fingers in Peak's rectum to see the big picture of this RP. So what if some things added won't be used, at least it adds one more thing to say was added, like this thread is literally cancerous, the way some of you are giving input or suggestions is quite rude and has no reason to be stated in such a way, I understand this is retros, but I mean, this is why retros never succeed or go anywhere, no one gives constructive criticism, everyone just says what's done wrong and how this doesn't work and how this isn't done properly. Well then? Help out, offer a way to better their system, offer a way to make use of something, literally this thread is just full of Peak fanboys kissing up to the developers. This is not a comment I intended to bash Peak or anyone in this thread, I am just trying to tell people to try to be more supportive, regardless of if Peak is classed as the #1 RP, doesn't mean an RP that has a different way of doing things can't take that title from them.

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
@JynX Actually, that is incorrect, I am being supportive of a retro that I see potential in. I know that's probably hard to see, considering you and many others like to not support retros that aren't owned by you or a friend of yours. Lots of the comments you state aren't very clear or respectable, it just seems like you're being an asshole for no reason, and that may be your personality, but I mean you don't have to state things the way you state them. Also, @LeChris, did you offer an alternative? Did you in any way give suggestions to help fix the lag? Not really, you kind of just complained and stated that you went out of your way to make this RP look bad by talking to users about issues, instead of just reporting them directly to Nathan or Jay. Anyways, not gonna make this thread go off-topic. ON-TOPIC: Good luck BlissRP, don't let the haters bring down your motivation! :):cool::p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread