Bitcoins

Fr4n

Dec 30, 2012
To sum it all up.
I was in the deli while I was leaving I noticed there was a bitcoin ATM that lets you buy an cash amount of bitcoin, sell bitcoin or trade.
What is the point of bitcoin?
Curious I made an wallet on the atm an added $10 (about 0.02458542etc btc as said on the receipt) onto my account but I'm still a little lost.
There's also a website that was printed on the receipt.

Last edited:

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Bitcoin is great because it allows complete anonymity and rapid transfer of funds, though it fluctuates greatly all the damn time. Funnily, I could rob that paper wallet of yours, spend the funds, and you couldn't even prove it was me who spent them. (anonymity at its finest
1x
) This is especially true for virtual wallets.

The more interesting side of Cryptocurrency is how each transaction is validated, Bitcoin uses double Sha256 hashes to keep the network secure- which is very secure, yet bad for the environment due to the amount of power and heat it takes to compute, unlike memory based Skrypt or Sha3. Bitcoin mining is a interesting topic in itself, especially since ASIC mining has been so prominent in recent years.

I'm glad I cashed my BTC back in 2014, before the crash, I spent too long mining those fuckers back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread