Best ways to learn html, css etc

Scorp

Feb 5, 2013
Hi I'm new here and my name is Ryan :D
I'm 13 and I'm interested in learning html and css. I'm not sure how to learn though. Should I use w3schools or are text books better? Thanks in advance :)
-Ryan

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I've always used w3schools and pre-made designs. I used a pre-made design to see how the code was structured but then used w3schools (and other useful sites) to explain the code in more detail.

Overall, I did learn more during the time of editing line by line of code, and seeing what the effects were!

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Learn basics then download templates learn from them. thats how i did it and how im still doing it

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I've heard w3schools is terrible?

I learnt the basics from there. Then I progressed by slowly making my own etc and now (without blowing my own trumpet) I'd say it worked fairly well. Like said, it's all about trial and error and progressing your knowledge from your mistakes.

Scorp

Feb 5, 2013
I learnt the basics from there. Then I progressed by slowly making my own etc and now (without blowing my own trumpet) I'd say it worked fairly well. Like said, it's all about trial and error and progressing your knowledge from your mistakes.

Is adobe dreamweaver good for making your first simple site using code and visual? Or should i just stick to w3schools and text edit

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Is adobe dreamweaver good for making your first simple site using code and visual? Or should i just stick to w3schools and text edit

To be honest, it can make you lazy. However, I started with dreamweaver (only code and referring to design when I was seriously stuck) to start off with, then when I became confident enough I went on to text editors like Notepad++ and Brackets.

Try out a few different methods and see which you prefer, best of luck pal :)

Oft; 500th POST :p

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013

Good tutorial its simple, not to long i spent an hour straight reading it and following it, and its incredible. Trust me the author of it explains well with a little humor to keep you interested.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
I started off learning those language with the help of Dreamweaver and also Youtube & google.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
You can browse through W3Schools, and as said, trial and error is what matters. You can try downloading pre-made themes/sites, then edit them and play around with the design... if you love messing and fixing, then that's the best way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread