Movie Avengers: Infinity War (DISCLAIMER - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
Disclaimer: For those who have not yet seen the film, I advise you to not read this thread.

I’ve not yet seen a thread about Avengers: Infinity War and I was wondering what people that have seen IW gathered from it? How did you feel afterwards? What did you like or dislike? Could it have been any better? Any discussion about the film would be appreciated, please let me know what you all thought! :)

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I really enjoyed the plot and I think the movie was amazing.
For once the villian's logic made sense and he succeeded.
What I don't understand is the overall logic on how Thanos succeeded to gather all the infinity stones.
There were several times where they could've stopped him without any issues.
For example when Strange decided to give away his stone.
Why didn't he just use it instead?

Last edited:

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
I really enjoyed the plot and I think the movie was amazing.
For once the villian's logic made sense and he succeeded.
What I don't understand is the overall logic on how Thanos succeeded to gather all the infinity stones.
There were several times where they could've stopped him without any issues.
For example when Strange decided to give away his stone.
Why didn't he just use it instead?

I also really enjoyed it and it was thrilling to see the villain to actually succeed in his mission. Yeah there indeed was many times that they could have stopped Thanos from succeeding but this "plot-hole" is fixed by Doctor Strange using the stone to predict the chance of either Thanos winning or The Avengers, it was something like 14000605 to 1. Doctor Strange said "this is the only way" to Tony Stark after he handed the infinity stone to Thanos.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
I also really enjoyed it and it was thrilling to see the villain to actually succeed in his mission. Yeah there indeed was many times that they could have stopped Thanos from succeeding but this "plot-hole" is fixed by Doctor Strange using the stone to predict the chance of either Thanos winning or The Avengers, it was something like 14000605 to 1. Doctor Strange said "this is the only way" to Tony Stark after he handed the infinity stone to Thanos.
Yeah, and I think it would've went way worse if he hadn't "surrendered" the stone.

What I'm still unsure about, was it half of all living beings that were destroyed to fix the overpopulation or only people from earth? I know he meant in the whole universe, but we clearly only saw people related to earth dying.

Platinum

Hello!
Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, and I think it would've went way worse if he hadn't "surrendered" the stone.

What I'm still unsure about, was it half of all living beings that were destroyed to fix the overpopulation or only people from earth? I know he meant in the whole universe, but we clearly only saw people related to earth dying.

I think half of every species. Drax died, Mantis died, Groot died, and so on! :)

Users who are viewing this thread