ASUS Laptop Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020
Yes I know. Stupid. I am stupid.

I wanted to give this laptop away to a close friend but came to the realisation that the keyboard doesnt work but the mouse/touch pad is works completely fine. Im pretty sure its not actually broken.. Like physically. There isnt any wear or tear to the keyboard itself and im pretty sure its not been physically broken but I may be wrong.

Ive completely reset the laptop to factory settings to see if that would work but it hasnt. Can anyone give me some help and feedback to how I can fix this?

Video/Picture demonstration of the issue below:

LouisJW

May 20, 2020
Yes I know. Stupid. I am stupid.

I wanted to give this laptop away to a close friend but came to the realisation that the keyboard doesnt work but the mouse/touch pad is works completely fine. Im pretty sure its not actually broken.. Like physically. There isnt any wear or tear to the keyboard itself and im pretty sure its not been physically broken but I may be wrong.

Ive completely reset the laptop to factory settings to see if that would work but it hasnt. Can anyone give me some help and feedback to how I can fix this?

Video/Picture demonstration of the issue below:

- I don't know if this will be of help to you, worth a try.

I'm going to assume if this doesn't work then you're left with a mechanical problem & it might be worth taking into a shop to be looked at properly.

Laporte

Dec 1, 2020

I'm going to assume if this doesn't work then you're left with a mechanical problem & it might be worth taking into a shop to be looked at properly.

Fixed! I had to take the laptop apart and reconnect the KB Ribbon. It must have become loose? Thanks for the effort though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread