XBOX Assassins Creed: Origins

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I am 20 Hours deep into Assassins Creed: Origins and I am confident to say, it is the best in the series. Yes, even better than Black Flag. The map is massive, the biggest in the series you will never get bored exploring new regions. Not to mention, it is beautiful. Endless amounts of missions that are interesting and challenging. If you're going to or looking to buying the game and expecting the combat to be like the previous games in the series, don't expect it. They have remastered the combat and it is a lot like Dark Souls. And in my opinion, I love it. Assassins Creed: Origins is so far the best rated game in the series!

VnN2LJw.jpg

Overall, i'd give the game a 9/10 - 9.5/10
Played on Xbox.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
I'm fooking loving it, I agree with you. It's 100% the best game they've done in the entire series.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Here are some pictures I have taken, to show off how beautiful the game really is.

GYALxzA.jpg

EIDE6md.jpg

GKI8rXP.jpg

yJevoII.jpg

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Honestly I wished I bought it on the PC, as the new system just doesn't feel right on a console (might also be because I never played it on a console), but damn, I love it. Haven't played that much yet, but I hope the story is as good as the AC2 games. Can anyone answer if it's just set in Origins, or do you also have parts in the current time, like with the previous games?

As for OP, I bloody hated Black Flag.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Honestly I wished I bought it on the PC, as the new system just doesn't feel right on a console (might also be because I never played it on a console), but damn, I love it. Haven't played that much yet, but I hope the story is as good as the AC2 games. Can anyone answer if it's just set in Origins, or do you also have parts in the current time, like with the previous games?

As for OP, I bloody hated Black Flag.
So far, I have played in current time 3 times, and they are very short missions, like grab a tool, place it on the Animus and get back in, but you can explore the cave you're in and find Bayek's and Aya's mummies. Man, I loved Black Flag.. It's my favourite AC, well. Origins is now.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So far, I have played in current time 3 times, and they are very short missions, like grab a tool, place it on the Animus and get back in, but you can explore the cave you're in and find Bayek's and Aya's mummies. Man, I loved Black Flag.. It's my favourite AC, well. Origins is now.
Good to know, I mostly play the games because of the amazing stories. AC2 & AC2: Brotherhood used to be my favourites, honestly I didn't like anything that came after it - well, some weren't that bad (for example Unity). I did however really like Syndicate too, it was my favourite after the AC2 and Brotherhood. Really curious how Origins will turn out, but I'm really hyped. Got the gold edition with extra missions, too.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Good to know, I mostly play the games because of the amazing stories. AC2 & AC2: Brotherhood used to be my favourites, honestly I didn't like anything that came after it - well, some weren't that bad (for example Unity). I did however really like Syndicate too, it was my favourite after the AC2 and Brotherhood. Really curious how Origins will turn out, but I'm really hyped. Got the gold edition with extra missions, too.
Yeah I didn't mind Syndicate and Unity, for some reason they got a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed them. The only thing I don't really like about Origins, is sometimes the combat can get a tiny bit annoying, like you will keep swinging your sword and you're trying to move forward to hit the enemy but it wont let you. but that being said. I like it better than what it was before.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Yeah I didn't mind Syndicate and Unity, for some reason they got a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed them. The only thing I don't really like about Origins, is sometimes the combat can get a tiny bit annoying, like you will keep swinging your sword and you're trying to move forward to hit the enemy but it wont let you. but that being said. I like it better than what it was before.
I feel like they perfected combat in Syndicate once more. But probably haven't used it enough. Quite annoying that every game they make, has a different combat system or things like health that are different etc. They just keep on changing it. That's one thing I dislike about the AC brand.

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
I feel like they perfected combat in Syndicate once more. But probably haven't used it enough. Quite annoying that every game they make, has a different combat system or things like health that are different etc. They just keep on changing it. That's one thing I dislike about the AC brand.
Yeah man, it sucks when you're going on an AC Marathon and playing through them again and switching games, you have to get used to the combat every time.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Looks pretty damn good, the PC patch is pretty dodgy at the moment with anti-crack that bottlenecks most peoples CPUs. I'll get it though. :)

broges

Welcome To The Machine
Mar 6, 2014
Yeah, Maxed out settings. This is one of the best if not the best looking games I've played.

65681124bda338aab7ae10e00051274e.jpg
Yeah, it looks awesome. I've been contemplating on getting a PC. The games just look amazing.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Yes but I mainly went console because I've always played it on 360. I played AC2 on PC but I just didn't like the whole movement on it compared to with a controller.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Yes but I mainly went console because I've always played it on 360. I played AC2 on PC but I just didn't like the whole movement on it compared to with a controller.
You can always use a controller :p, I used my XB1 controller to play it for the same reason you bought it on Xbox One :p

Users who are viewing this thread