Are the days of our beloved private servers over?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
When you were 11, Habbo still sold gift cards in stores and had millions of players. These days there's roughly 10,000 people in the entire community including habbo and retros.

NFTs and everything else don't offer value and retros don't survive long enough to create economies to encourage rares.

Most people who stay and play retros are also poor - why that is I'm not sure but link it to the idea vulnerable people are more likely to find habbo and stay in it

In short: There's no money to be made from the existing player base
Very true, if there was still a decent market I would provide a few (in different languages) servers as a sponsorship but hardly worth it for 12 users these days or the threats and abuse that comes with hotels

Alpha92

Jun 12, 2023
When you were 11, Habbo still sold gift cards in stores and had millions of players. These days there's roughly 10,000 people in the entire community including habbo and retros.

NFTs and everything else don't offer value and retros don't survive long enough to create economies to encourage rares.

Most people who stay and play retros are also poor - why that is I'm not sure but link it to the idea vulnerable people are more likely to find habbo and stay in it

In short: There's no money to be made from the existing player base
I would not focus on the current community, rather build a new one, with another purpose of use.
For example networking, making new business contacts.
LinkedIN Metaverse.
If you find a solution how people could trade real money in retro hotels, you would have a completely new sort of users.

For example implement nfts, which can be used in every retro hotel.
Create a marketplace for these nfts.
Create a purpose of use for the nfts
something like Fortnite skins, why does every kid want it?
Because people hype it
Why do people hype it?
Because its manipulated through social media and the people itself.
Can you recreate this in any other game if you analyze it and make your own strategy?
Why not?

We just have to create a new purpose of use for retro hotels.
Think different than before.
Post automatically merged:

Very true, if there was still a decent market I would provide a few (in different languages) servers as a sponsorship but hardly worth it for 12 users these days or the threats and abuse that comes with hotels
What do you mean by abuse and threats?

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
I would not focus on the current community, rather build a new one, with another purpose of use.
For example networking, making new business contacts.
LinkedIN Metaverse.
If you find a solution how people could trade real money in retro hotels, you would have a completely new sort of users.

For example implement nfts, which can be used in every retro hotel.
Create a marketplace for these nfts.
Create a purpose of use for the nfts
something like Fortnite skins, why does every kid want it?
Because people hype it
Why do people hype it?
Because its manipulated through social media and the people itself.
Can you recreate this in any other game if you analyze it and make your own strategy?
Why not?

We just have to create a new purpose of use for retro hotels.
Think different than before.
Post automatically merged:

What do you mean by abuse and threats?

Threats such as

hacking
ddossing
doxing

just to name a few

Alpha92

Jun 12, 2023
Threats such as

hacking
ddossing
doxing

just to name a few
Well the only solutions that come in my mind:

Let hacking happen and let 3 Devs work to fix it, one weak point after another.
DDossing, prepare. Get a ddos protection and cloudflare.
Doxing.. idk what should a broke kid do to me?
And again.. let it happen and fix it how he has done it.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
There is no new community to get imo, Habbo isn’t the style of game the youth of today are into these days.

There’s a reason the only people left on Habbo and retros are the ones who were still playing 10-20 years ago lol

sRemorse

Jul 24, 2023
Played retros between 2013-2015 and spent some long nights playing games and just interacting with people. Think of it rarely but I always remember this site and lurk from time to time to see what state the community is in. In the tech side of things I barely made it out of making a retro on himachi on my laptop and hardly understood that. Made some banners and badges here and there. Like Puffin said in an earlier reply most people from that era are early-mid 20s. I'm now a system admin and quite enjoy side projects and programming. Would like to experience the nostalgia again for a laugh any suggested Retros?

Dunno if any active developers exist or frequent here but what is the experience like developing / hosting wise I'm familiar with Java but habbo is such a niche and assume each emulator is different any documentation I could mess around with in a local envrionment?

AMG

Dec 7, 2014
I've only just returned after several years of playing retros, I feel as the community has died down abit which is sad to see, however imo there is probably a chance it will all start growing again. I am in my 20's and still have that urge to play retros in my free time. We are all growing up and moving on with our lives as @LeChris with the whole marketing thing, that would be a brilliant idea. Advertisements and marketing, literally what I do for work lol. Look, there might not be many hotels that are poppin at the moment, however I have a good feeling things will change for the better soon! :)

matthew1112

Aug 6, 2010
The only way i would return to a retro is if there was an roleplay one and as advanced as peakrp was but i doubt that will come anytime soon, kudos to peakrp for all their years of service they did before it closed.

Users who are viewing this thread