Arc Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Welcome to Arc Client:

The Arc Client is a JavaScript/Ajax/Node platform client environment designed for support of the Arcturus Emulator. I firmly believe that the website of most retros out there are pointless and a waste of space. The arc client will allow unlimited space for features handled both on the user and administrator side. The point of the project is to make the website built into the client, meaning you need to click, drag and do whatever you like and making it fully custom!

Custom.. what do you mean?

I mean an advanced web-built moderator tool that allows administrators and moderators to be able to do things that they would normally do in housekeeping but in the client.

Features:

• Ability for staff members to handle chat logs, bans, search users, from the database.
  • Ability for users to read on the news articles without having to switch web pages or tabs.
  • Ability to purchase subscription memberships (VIP) all in the client making it far more convenient.
  • Ability for users to have access to more settings than the client offers.
  • Ability to register and login right from the client.
  • Much more to be listed once I progress more development

Example:
mWoAb2BSEX63.png

This is obviously a pre-build as nothing is set in stone at the moment. But an example would be as a user could click the "News" icon and a module pops up on the side where they can browser the news articles posted by the staff members. The staff members would also have a box of links that each open up a module for them to post news, send alerts, handle chatlogs, bans and more!

SNrVn7X4FX63.png

Basically its like a CMS but all built into the client using AJAX and JavaScript! This project for me is a learning process, I'm open for criticizing as long as you're not being an asshole. Like above, you'd simply be sent a message that you disconnected or if you were banned you'd be displayed another module.

What does it support?

Right now I am working around the Arcturus Development as its the biggest most active development server there is right now and one I feel comfortable working with. It will only support this because its using its database and I am not familiar with whether or not the other databases are similar to Arcturus but I highly doubt it.

I'll continue to post updates and my goal is to have this finished by the end of the year.

UPDATES:

Uig2QXBFE873.png

ySBEa6qjF873.png

Last edited:

cammy

May 15, 2014
Looks good and sounds good. Look forward to see how you go about this. It might end up very cluttered and impractical.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Looks good and sounds good. Look forward to see how you go about this. It might end up very cluttered and impractical.

Thank you. The challenge of making it less cluttered and all organized will be difficult but I have a way I am going to approach this, and using JavaScript is going to help tremendously.

Anyways updates:

• All boxes on the client can be dragged to the users liking.
  • You can now minimize any structured boxes in the client to have more space.
  • JavaScript Modules now assigned with each navigation item.
  • Cleaned up and commented code to make it user-friendly to edit.
  • Began retrieving data from the database for each assigned user loading client.
  • The client will no longer show any of the data/modules/css without the user logged in.

treebeard

Jan 16, 2018
Regardless of how the end product turns out it always pleases me to see new endevours to push the status quo.

Just keep your goals realistic and I don't see any reason why you wouldn't finish.

Good luck!

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
ieeWo53b1873.gif

For anyone who is curious of what I am working on. The images for the navigation are only temporary. I'm still working on the other modules for each navigation item. If anyone has some creative ideas of what they think would be cool to see in the client, let me know. I have much more progress to go and will keep updating everyone.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Awesome, nice to see something like this. Made something similar in Vue for staff to be able to use rather than flicking through to the ASE.

Look forward to seeing this progress.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
Few updates:

• The UI objects now have boundaries and cannot be dragged outside parameter of the client.
  • Started everything from the VUE websocket platform.
Moderation Features: (MPANEL)
  • Moderators can now check chat logs and search them via username and date.
  • Moderators can now send alerts to specific users or the entire room via the panel.
  • Moderators can now edit/delete bans in the panel.
  • Moderators can now create/edit news from the panel.

Administrative Features: (APANEL) (Includes Above)
  • Administrators can now select through a database of badges to drag and drop to a specific user to be given.
  • Administrators can now send hotel alerts to the hotel.
TODO:

• Allow commands to be processed through an UI rather than typed
    • Admin would be able to check "Visibility" and decide whether or not to be invisible to players.
    • Options to whether or not take CFH from players
    • Ability to mute users for a specific time.
    • Ability to edit the daily/weekly rare item in the catalog.
I really aim for this project to be simple and allowing more accessibility for both staff and the players. Keep them from having to mess with the database and website, and can be all done in the client.

I'll post some images of the new stuff as soon as I get home from vacation. I've been really pushing to get some things done when I can.

ZaneyRetros

i am dead
Jul 27, 2015
Ooh, very unique. I've never seen anything like this before - looks cool. I hope it's not one of them projects that are left mid-way, keep us updated.

Parse

Oct 28, 2013
4BN9OXgSdV93.png

OK so now I got some of the interface done, still working on some more! Let me know what you think of the UI, if you have other ideas of how to approach it I would appreciate to hear then. Development has not slowed, just I have been lazy to share with you guys - which I will improve on! The Vue websocket platform is phenomenal and has been great for this development progress. Remember this is not the finished product, I probably have already changed some things since posting this, but let me hear back your ideas!

cammy

May 15, 2014
Looks great, I'd prefer the UI to be illumina but it looks fine as it is. I'd just fix that header.

griimnak

You're a slave to the money then you die
Jul 20, 2013
Should put this on a git repo, looks cool :up:
Reminds of an older project "Jabbo v3.1"

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
I have worked on a similar project, was great fun seeing it all come through.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread