Apple: No more headphone jack

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I was reading up on some technology stuff, and I seen a post about Apple ditching the 3.5mm jack and having headphones go through their lightning port.

Just wondering how people feel about this, I personally think it's a horrible idea

Just for a quick read here is an article about this on Forbes:

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
There's a lot of people who already prefer the updated Androids, or people who don't like their current iPhones. With Apple removing the headphone jack, I'm sure the first week sales won't be nearly as high as the previous iPhones. The only way I can see iPhone making a solution to this is by distributing headphones that go into the charger port, although this will be more wires for their consumers to carry around. Then, there's that other type of people who don't care about the head phone jack, as they either prefer bluetooth or don't use it anyways. For short: We'll just have to wait and see how this goes.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
The iPhone comes with headphones already (the 3.5mm) so I'm sure they will include one for the lightning port.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I think it's a terrible idea. Now you will either have to use the headphones provided or buy an adapter to continue using other headphones.
Also, how will you charge and use your headphones at the same time?!
stop making thinner phones!!! A thicker phone is fine just make the battery bigger

sumo

The end is nigh.
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah, but I mean, people are going to buy it anyways. I highly doubt their won't be at least one person in this world who buys that phone, and doesn't know there's not a headphone jack. Maybe apple will release a version with headphones, one without. In the future, I see the iPhone as thin as a sheet of paper, and the same size as it. (Not seriously, but figuratively)

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
unfortunately the only reason phones can't get much smaller is because of that port. unless we upgrade to something better like we have with USB type C, (I.e bluetooth headphones) we'll never see a credit card sized phone. with everyone demanding it be there and demanding phones be smaller, the fuck else are they going to do?

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
unfortunately the only reason phones can't get much smaller is because of that port. unless we upgrade to something better like we have with USB type C, (I.e bluetooth headphones) we'll never see a credit card sized phone. with everyone demanding it be there and demanding phones be smaller, the fuck else are they going to do?
I don't see anyone demanding for smaller phones. These phones at their current size fit virtually everywhere. The smaller they are the easier they become to break or lose. If anything, make it a tad thicker and use the space to fit a bigger battery

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I prefer phablets myself, I hate that they are trying to make phones smaller and thinner.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I don't see anyone demanding for smaller phones. These phones at their current size fit virtually everywhere. The smaller they are the easier they become to break or lose. If anything, make it a tad thicker and use the space to fit a bigger battery
There are many things you don't see, that does not mean they aren't happening. I suppose "demanding" isn't the correct word. But it's very apparent that smart phone companies' goal is to appeal to the consumer, and they are making their phones thinner (smaller was the wrong word too, sorry), more HD, faster, whatever buzz word gets it sold.
The newest bestest thinnest HDiest smartest smart phone will be the one that gets sold the most (next to iPhones).

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
There are many things you don't see, that does not mean they aren't happening. I suppose "demanding" isn't the correct word. But it's very apparent that smart phone companies' goal is to appeal to the consumer, and they are making their phones thinner (smaller was the wrong word too, sorry), more HD, faster, whatever buzz word gets it sold.
The newest bestest thinnest HDiest smartest smart phone will be the one that gets sold the most (next to iPhones).
They're not doing a good job. A huge complain is battery life and yet batteries are relatively unchanged and their performance remains the same. It's crap these new phones are crap

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
They're not doing a good job. A huge complain is battery life and yet batteries are relatively unchanged and their performance remains the same. It's crap these new phones are crap
its usually cause they're cheap. the technology is there the funding isn't in the right place obv.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I think it's a terrible idea. Now you will either have to use the headphones provided or buy an adapter to continue using other headphones.
Also, how will you charge and use your headphones at the same time?!
stop making thinner phones!!! A thicker phone is fine just make the battery bigger
Perhaps this is their hint that they're finally going to adopt wireless charging!

Genaga

Mar 12, 2015
TL;DR

Android master race.
This.

iPhone 6s' are already bending, I don't think a thinner phone is needed. I have a galaxy s6 and sometimes feel its a bit thing and almost a bit light. Have they made any word yet on charging and listening to music?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This.

iPhone 6s' are already bending, I don't think a thinner phone is needed. I have a galaxy s6 and sometimes feel its a bit thing and almost a bit light. Have they made any word yet on charging and listening to music?
I have the 6s Plus, and have had it for about 4 months and I constantly wear skinny jeans - even in work. Not even the slightest of bends on it.

Apparently the 6s(Plus or not) is built with stronger aluminium.

Swaggots

Sep 22, 2013
Don't see how everyone's demanding phones to be smaller yet companies like Apple and Samsung keep increasing the sizes of their phones. I think you're wrong

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
Don't see how everyone's demanding phones to be smaller yet companies like Apple and Samsung keep increasing the sizes of their phones. I think you're wrong
Yeah, I don't know who's demanding a smaller phone, because nobody I know is. If anything, make it a little thicker and increase the battery size.

Genaga

Mar 12, 2015
Yeah, I don't know who's demanding a smaller phone, because nobody I know is. If anything, make it a little thicker and increase the battery size.
This, phones don't need to get too much better at this time, if the next revision of iPhones or galaxies said, its the same thing, but the battery is fucking amazing. It would still sell shitloads.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
What I mean by smaller is how thick the phone is. Although screen size is being increased, the thickness of the phone is being decreased and you can see this throughout any phone's developmental history (I.E iPhones, Galaxies, HTCs whatever)

Users who are viewing this thread