Show DevBest Apple Music Dark Mode

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Another addition to my 'dribbble mockups'.
This time it's the Apple Music Dark Mode designed by Charles Patterson, which can be found at this link:

This was a pretty tricky one mainly due to the CSS 'frosted glass' effect required on a few elements, and some where it was almost impossible to recreate it (such as the player which docks at the bottom). Still, I'm happy with the outcome.

Final outcome:
hpEUgsH.png

Last edited:

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
do you work as a UX designer?
this is fantastic
Cheers Adil, although the original design isn't mine.
It's done by a designer called Charles Patterson:

I just found it on Dribbble and liked the look of it so decided to build it. I've a few more like this in the Showcase section.

I work as a front/back-end developer so in my downtime, I like to build up these little things.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Cheers Adil, although the original design isn't mine.
It's done by a designer called Charles Patterson:

I just found it on Dribbble and liked the look of it so decided to build it. I've a few more like this in the Showcase section.

I work as a front/back-end developer so in my downtime, I like to build up these little things.
still, building this kinda stuff is flipping difficult

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
still, building this kinda stuff is flipping difficult
It was a fairly tricky one.
The biggest pain in the arse was getting the frosted glass effect on the overlay of the musicians cards, that took ages to get right.

Also, not happy with how the player at the bottom turned out because I can't get the frosted effect on that either as there isn't a fixed background behind it.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with the final outcome.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Looks pretty clean! You plan on doing the mobile version?
Thanks! And I may do eventually. There was no initial mobile design along with it so I’d have to guess how it’d look.
I may do if I get bored!

That... that is gorgeous. If this was MacOS Big Sur, i'd update instantly.
Yeah it was a nice design! That’s what drawn me to build it!

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
You’ve definitely got a skill for sure. Some of the things you post in this section are very aesthetically pleasing. You’ve for sure got an eye for detail :up:

Users who are viewing this thread