Any Ideas?!?

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
So my code is in this paste bin ->

Everytime I start the server I am getting the following error.

[ERROR] Lua is unable to understand file "darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua" because its author made a mistake around line number 421.
The best help I can give you is this:

There is an opening '(' bracket at line 419, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the '=' at line 421.

Hints:
- Did you forget a comma?
- All open brackets ({, (, [) must have a matching closing bracket. Are you sure it's there?
- Brackets must be opened and closed in the right order. This will work: ({}), but this won't: ({)}.

------- End of Simplerr error -------

1. error - [C]:-1
2. doInclude - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/simplerr.lua:530
3. loadCustomDarkRPItems - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:137
4. Call - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:148
5. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/init.lua:86

Does anybody have any ideas?

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
@Legit
[ERROR] Lua is unable to understand file "darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua" because its author made a mistake around line number 453.

There is an opening '{' bracket at line 439, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the 'category' at line 453.

Hints:
- All open brackets ({, (, [) must have a matching closing bracket. Are you sure it's there?
- Brackets must be opened and closed in the right order. This will work: ({}), but this won't: ({)}.

3. loadCustomDarkRPItems - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:137

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
@Legit
[ERROR] Lua is unable to understand file "darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua" because its author made a mistake around line number 453.

There is an opening '{' bracket at line 439, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the 'category' at line 453.

Hints:

Hints:

Hint again:
Line 452 (on the one @Legit provided)

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
What did you do to fix the errors? @Legit
There is an opening '{' bracket at line 458, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the 'category' at line 475.

Hints:

I have this coming up in majority of my jobs.

JynX

Posting Freak
Feb 6, 2016
What did you do to fix the errors? @Legit
There is an opening '{' bracket at line 458, but this bracket is never closed or not closed in time. It was expected to be closed before the 'category' at line 475.

Hints:

I have this coming up in majority of my jobs.
The hints it is giving you are the issues. lol

Fix for your above issue

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
I am just stupid but I don't see any difference in the code and although the error explains I still can't understand where the bracket should be closing? @Legit

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
Yes - almost (Bare with me)

All is working correctly now - Thanks so much guys!

I don't suppose either of you would know how to get rid of the Half Life 2 Health HUD for the entire server?

Users who are viewing this thread